Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

15 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

The truth is I was not much into dance music when I started going to Glastonbury. Now I throw myself into it head first. 

Every year I catch acts for the first time and come back loving them. VTSS & Elka last year were superb. Would not have known who they were when  line ups came out. 

So fully expects to love a couple of acts this year that I have no idea about at this point in life 

This is me too, wasn't so much into electronic music when I was younger but these days it's what i'm mostly interested in doing at the festival. Most of what I know about current electronic music i've picked up through this thread, so thanks for that everyone - keep the recommendations for this year flowing!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

The truth is I was not much into dance music when I started going to Glastonbury. Now I throw myself into it head first. 

Every year I catch acts for the first time and come back loving them. VTSS & Elka last year were superb. Would not have known who they were when  line ups came out. 

So fully expects to love a couple of acts this year that I have no idea about at this point in life 

It's the main reason I still go, to be honest. Over two thirds of my time is spent enjoying the electronic side of the festival, with the odd foray towards a band on one of the main stages. I spent hours at Babylon Rising in 2022 and 2023. Tiny tent, immaculate sound system, no mainstream names, just dub after dub in a great atmosphere. That's what the festival is all about, for me

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

This is me too, wasn't so much into electronic music when I was younger but these days it's what i'm mostly interested in doing at the festival. Most of what I know about current electronic music i've picked up through this thread, so thanks for that everyone - keep the recommendations for this year flowing!

Absolutely 

Disclaimer, first timer's question! Having seen the Orb deliver a DJ set three times in the past 18 months, and loving it every time - where am I likely to find that kind of thing? I'm wondering if IICON would be a good place to start?

5 minutes ago, LateStarter50 said:

Disclaimer, first timer's question! Having seen the Orb deliver a DJ set three times in the past 18 months, and loving it every time - where am I likely to find that kind of thing? I'm wondering if IICON would be a good place to start?

From experience of seeing the Orb play at the glade, I would say the glade 👍

I think IICON is a touch harder. But there are better people in the group to help you out. 

Edited by Franky

48 minutes ago, LateStarter50 said:

Definitely on the Glade. They've been regulars there over the years. Ditto Banco de Gaia, System 7, etc.

Orb's set in 2017 on that Funktion One setup was a spiritual experience.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's the main reason I still go, to be honest. Over two thirds of my time is spent enjoying the electronic side of the festival, with the odd foray towards a band on one of the main stages. I spent hours at Babylon Rising in 2022 and 2023. Tiny tent, immaculate sound system, no mainstream names, just dub after dub in a great atmosphere. That's what the festival is all about, for me

This place is one of the best little nooks at the festival, it's always going off at odd times of the day / night.

I know it's unlikely but I hope Helena Hauff gets booked again, the combo of her and Daniel Avery last year was really great.

Edited by Madyaker

59 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Definitely on the Glade. They've been regulars there over the years. Ditto Banco de Gaia, System 7, etc.

Orb's set in 2017 on that Funktion One setup was a spiritual experience.

2017 was my first Glastonbury. I saw The Orb and Justice. How lucky was I?!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Madyaker said:

This place is one of the best little nooks at the festival, it's always going off at odd times of the day / night.

I know it's unlikely but I hope Helena Hauff gets booked again, the combo of her and Daniel Avery last year was really great.

I reckon Helena Hauff could easily be back - lots of areas will want her

21 hours ago, Franky said:

From experience of seeing the Orb play at the glade, I would say the glade 👍

I think IICON is a touch harder. But there are better people in the group to help you out. 

cheers for that 👍 - I'm sure I'll find my way to both places!

44 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Remind me, where was that again?

As you were walking into the old dance village, it was on the left. 

Was there 2007 and maaaaybe 2008 as well. 

28 minutes ago, nikkic said:

As you were walking into the old dance village, it was on the left. 

Was there 2007 and maaaaybe 2008 as well. 

depends which end of the dance village you walk in to.