Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 hours ago, gfa said:

If anyone still needs the E&D thread whatsapp please DM me today. I cleared my inbox - didn't realise it was full!

We're planning several meets, so would be good to see some of the regular faces there! 🙂 

Please note I will struggle to get you added during the fest so dm today please!!

Long-time lurker and big fan of this thread, would like to be added if possible! 

Hi guys! Hope you all had a good one (I know most of you did) 

Now, anyone been to Houghton? I have a ticket but I'm not sure I want to go. It seems to stop touting you can't sell them on (fair enough) but I can't see anything about refunds. Anyone been before and know if refunds are possible? 

What / who did everyone see? Saw less DJs than normal tbh. For a variety of reasons. Saturday was going to be full of them, but due to the heat - I opted for an early one.

Fri - Dj Yoda (brilliant)

Last 45 mins of Camelphat (pretty good tbh. Better than I expected) Went just to check out the new stage, but stayed for all of Eli Brown & Fatboy Slim (a lot of fun tbh. I really enjoyed it).

Haai at San Remo (Banging!) Great way to end Friday. - Easily set of the week.

Saturday - Leftfield at the Park. Great.

Sunday - Someone playing Donk on the Nowhere stage at about 1am. I was smashed, but it was fun.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I saw loads of great sets. I also really love The Levels, that stage is a bloody awesome addition to the festival, SIlver Hayes is so much better now compared to the mess it was in 2016 when I started going. I also was at Paranoid London on levels and they were so good I went to their 4:30am set on Nowhere also. Daphni was awesome too. Dunno about anyone about else but I noticed very slight sound bleed at levels even when pretty close to the front but only during quiet parts of sets and it didn't really bother me. Not sure where it came from.

Helena Huaff followed by Daniel Avery was an incredible few hours at lonely hearts. Helena in particular was probably my set of the weekend but it would be a close tie between that and Phil Hartnoll in the flying bus where I had the pleasure of meeting @bennyhana22 and another guy called Dan, not sure of his name on here but anyway, what a great festival it was.

Incredible weekend and Glasto debut! Dance highlights for me were Joy Anonymous and Daniel Avery on Lonely Hearts Club, Four Tet on IICON, the FUSE takeover at unfairground, Salute at Greenpeace, Sherelle B2B I Jordan on the levels and many more!

Thursday 

Girls Don’t Sync in The Glade

Load of DnB in The Temple 

JJ b2b Palms Trax in The Levels 

Friday 

Enzo Siragusa in The Glade 

Four Tet IICON set 

Salute in Nowhere

Blessed Madonna in Genosys

Saturday 

Skream b2b Interplanetary Criminal at Arcadia

Sunday 

Salute b2b DJ Boring at The Levels 

K Klass in The Glade 

Young Marco in Wow

Defected in Lonely Hearts

Actually watched quite a lot over the weekend!

On 6/27/2023 at 9:20 AM, Sasperella2 said:

Hi guys! Hope you all had a good one (I know most of you did) 

Now, anyone been to Houghton? I have a ticket but I'm not sure I want to go. It seems to stop touting you can't sell them on (fair enough) but I can't see anything about refunds. Anyone been before and know if refunds are possible? 

Outstanding festival. Easily my second favourite behind glastonbury

Another vintage year.

Best night was probably: FBS > SaluteB2BPrettyGirl > ConMan > Bufo > 2Shell 

4Tet > End of BMadonna on Genosys > End of Annie Mac NowHere > Start of BMadonna NowHere

Was also very class. Really enjoyed BMadonna bringing out some singers for her new track.

30 mins of Saoirse after Elton to finally spend some time at Levels was also great. When she dropped this, by god. 

Another year not meeting any of the E&D crew, feel real stupid now reading that Voda were giving out free sims... Next time eh? 

Hate to bring this up, but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else... (probably for a good reason)

Also had a lowest moment, was potentially seeing someone before they were gone.

Walking towards SEC through Pennards after ConMan, there was a guy who'd climbed up the scaffolding by camping stewards, who were all trying to get him to come down. God knows what he was on. Later that night, on the way back, railroad was cut off, near the glade. Then we saw the BBC article in the morning. 

It could be 2 separate incidents nearby, but we didn't think so. 

I'm still feeling very weird after that honestly. 

20 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Hate to bring this up, but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else... (probably for a good reason)

Also had a lowest moment, was potentially seeing someone before they were gone.

Walking towards SEC through Pennards after ConMan, there was a guy who'd climbed up the scaffolding by camping stewards, who were all trying to get him to come down. God knows what he was on. Later that night, on the way back, railroad was cut off, near the glade. Then we saw the BBC article in the morning. 

It could be 2 separate incidents nearby, but we didn't think so. 

I'm still feeling very weird after that honestly. 

My friends saw someone being resuscitated, described him as a “larger man”….

Not sure if that description matches up with the man you saw climbing up the scaffolding. 

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

My friends saw someone being resuscitated, described him as a “larger man”….

Not sure if that description matches up with the man you saw climbing up the scaffolding. 

Yeah one of our friend saw that too on her way back. 

Hard to tell, we looked up, saw an adult man up there & just kept walking, letting staff deal with the situation. 

Just the contrast of us about to have our best night, while that's also happening, hits hard. 

I know it's bound to happen & people pass every day, but ignorance is bliss.

OK, who did I see? Late night nonsense as follows, if anyone is interested

Thursday - Silver Hayes, The Levels (top new venue)
Paranoid London; KiKI (); Sherelle / I.Jordan
Friday - Temple Techno Night
Effy; The Liberators; SPFDJ
Saturday - Silver Hayes, Lonely Hearts
Helena Hauff (😍🤩); Daniel Avery then a scoot to S-La for Scalping Live (), who were late on which meant I caught it all!
Sunday - A bit of a tourist
Shy FX; Hybrid Minds for some spider D&B; Lorraine for some Glade trance, then to Unfairground for Phil Hartnoll for a bit old school. Ended at Deena at IIcon, very tired before a long trudge back to the bus.

Good, weren't it?