Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

8 hours ago, g-dog said:

I'm still a member of last years E&D meetup Whatsapp group.

Anyone else? Maybe anyone could post anything secret/juicy on there that would be a great help 🙂

I know I don't have many posts but I'd love an invite to this! Last Glastonbury I didn't meet many new people since we had such a big group, so would love some meetups this year!

Also not many from my (much smaller) group are into electronic music so it's always nice to have people to vibe with!

https://notion.online/skreams-guide-to-glastonbury-festival

"There was meant to be a dubstep set but the organisers said that the tent I would be playing would cause a health and safety risk and the whole area would have to be shut down. I’ll have to peg that as half a compliment but I am a little pissed off because I promised them that I’d do it. I’m also closing Shangri La on Sunday morning too, which should be special.

We’ll try and figure something out about the dubstep set but the last place I want to get banned from is Glastonbury. It was one of the only festivals I wasn’t banned from before the age of 25. I’m 37 now and I’ve got kids, that’s the last thing I’d want to be happening."

12 minutes ago, shorny said:

I know I don't have many posts but I'd love an invite to this! Last Glastonbury I didn't meet many new people since we had such a big group, so would love some meetups this year!

Also not many from my (much smaller) group are into electronic music so it's always nice to have people to vibe with!

Welcome to the nicest thread online, @shorny!

Would be smashing to meet you if we can organise something semi-planned. 

Paranoid London on the Thursday (Levels - it'll be v busy, but v good...) seems to have quite a few takers, as does Helena Hauff (Lonely Hearts, Saturday). 

I'm always loathe to be someone who 'decides', as we're a very egalitarian bunch in here! But if people maybe want to target those (and any others!) then we'd just need a bit of a plan for where/how to get together. 

Was I in the WhatsApp group last year? I think I was! If someone want to volunteer to be a hub for DMs for people to give their numbers to and get added, that would be a good start. 

Ben
x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acid Loafers said:

I'll take a DM if they're still going 🙂 

I might be at Palmsy/Jobse before Paranoid London, so could say hi if you're all there!

Ben Ufo @ Genosys could have been a good meetup, but Sat 3am is a bit of a wild slot to try to meet up 😂

Def gonna try to be at both these but they’ll be mobbed!

ha I like the idea of the 3am Ben UFO meet up, sure it would be an interesting time for lots of people who don’t know each other to meet, hugs galore.

not promising anything as I’m generally quite led by staying with my mates but Helena Hauff sounds like a plan to me. Would also happy join the group if an invite can be sent or someone tells me who to DM. Cheers 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Welcome to the nicest thread online, @shorny!

Would be smashing to meet you if we can organise something semi-planned. 

Paranoid London on the Thursday (Levels - it'll be v busy, but v good...) seems to have quite a few takers, as does Helena Hauff (Lonely Hearts, Saturday). 

I'm always loathe to be someone who 'decides', as we're a very egalitarian bunch in here! But if people maybe want to target those (and any others!) then we'd just need a bit of a plan for where/how to get together. 

Was I in the WhatsApp group last year? I think I was! If someone want to volunteer to be a hub for DMs for people to give their numbers to and get added, that would be a good start. 

Ben
x

Yeah I was confused what group you were adding people into.

Send me your number and i'll add you to it - then you can add all these people who've sent you theirs already

40 minutes ago, plaskins said:

Why is Jake shears on the lineup for 5 minutes at the NYC download? Is that an error or is he making a cameo to sing one song or something?

probably - roisin murphy did similar last year

30 minutes ago, Upside down frowner said:

Just like to say, as my four year old and I dance to Ibiza Sonica at 8am whilst eating breakfast in the kitchen - I'm insanely jealous of the fun you lot are soon going to have. 

Enjoy

A ticketless upsidedowfrowner

That's incredibly magnanimous of you. If I was in your position I'd be childishly and petulantly avoiding all references to the Farm.

We'll have a little rave for you and in honour of all ticketless E/D personnel 🙌🏽

Ben
x