Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

I find this a better spectacle that IICON honestly.

IICON looks cool at a quick glance with the big head and all that but this stage could just melt your eyes away for hours with the details in the 3D mapping design. 

I know we've got to let the team cook & they'll return with an absolute bang. I'm just selfishly worried I won't be able to go to the festival or have a ticket by the time it's ready. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/26/2023 at 2:36 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Sadly, it would seem not. BUT...it's still UR on the big 'ead, and I for one am bloody excited!

Ben

What do we know about the UR setup for Glasto? 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Partok - solid Friday closer for me if the sound is sorted. 

Sedef Adasï - that Saturday slot could be perfect as an hors d'oeuvre before Helena and Daniel Avery on Lonely Hearts...

Ben

Partok was good fun last year closing saturday

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sedef Adasï - that Saturday slot could be perfect as an hors d'oeuvre before Helena and Daniel Avery on Lonely Hearts...

If I go see Helena and Daniel i’ll watch Max beforehand rather than shlep from the SE corner. But it’s all a bit dependent on when the Temple’s big techno night is.

i have a horrible feeling though that Temple techno will be Sunday into Monday (Jerome Hill def playing Monday morning): driving home next day will limit how late i can stay

On 5/26/2023 at 5:55 PM, Franky said:

What didn't you like about the Temple mate?

I think it was a combination of things:

1. Me chasing that 'final set' of the festival too hard
2. What he was playing that night just wasn't for me
3. The crowd (where I was, at least) was on its last legs...! Sort of there just because it was 4.30am and they needed to be 'somewhere', and most were ketted out. I've never seen so many phones held aloft in landscape with COKE emblazoned on the screen!

Ben

(When it's kicking, I love The Temple, btw...)

12 hours ago, WWGD said:

Did anyone link to the spreadsheet please?

Made a start on a spreadsheet, will try and get round to adding as much as I can from the different area - excluding Silver Hayes. Let me know if here's any issues, Google Docs isn't a strong point for me😂

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hH7t4-PPJoW_ahmeWv9xjR8etW7CB5MODCGDA0yfm0E/edit?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I think it was a combination of things:

1. Me chasing that 'final set' of the festival too hard
2. What he was playing that night just wasn't for me
3. The crowd (where I was, at least) was on its last legs...! Sort of there just because it was 4.30am and they needed to be 'somewhere', and most were ketted out. I've never seen so many phones held aloft in landscape with COKE emblazoned on the screen!

Ben

(When it's kicking, I love The Temple, btw...)

1. Been there and done that. 
2. Hmmm unfortunate. 
3. Funny, a mate was only saying the other night how much “bugle” was there last year. (Not my thing) 

1 hour ago, Franky said:

1. Been there and done that. 
2. Hmmm unfortunate. 
3. Funny, a mate was only saying the other night how much “bugle” was there last year. (Not my thing) 

End of the night, it's everywhere. People have overcooked it and think that they can bump their way out of it.

Kids, eh? 😄

Ben