Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

Is anyone else a little sad that Giant Swan haven't featured on any poster yet? Are they likely to show up? 

Took all my mates to their Wow set last year on the thursday, mostly people who don't care about dance music. think they all thought it was shit. joked they self confirmed for '23 and people jokingly were threatening to cancel their tickets lol

hope they get booked though! i loved it

Saw Dr Banana B2B Lucas Wigflex at Fold last night so thought I would check his dates.

Obviously already down for Wow in Silver Hayes but looks like he might be in for Arcadia Spider as the TBA. I haven't heard of the two other stages are they staff bars?

Screenshot_20230506-203618~2.png

22 hours ago, gfa said:

Took all my mates to their Wow set last year on the thursday, mostly people who don't care about dance music. think they all thought it was shit. joked they self confirmed for '23 and people jokingly were threatening to cancel their tickets lol

hope they get booked though! i loved it

I had the opposite experience... Took a load of mates who know nowt about dance music to the Wow set, and they all absolutely bloody loved it - got a bit too intense for me after 40 mins, and i needed to go stand outside!

13 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

Saw Dr Banana B2B Lucas Wigflex at Fold last night so thought I would check his dates.

Obviously already down for Wow in Silver Hayes but looks like he might be in for Arcadia Spider as the TBA. I haven't heard of the two other stages are they staff bars?

Think 'Magic Bus' might be a typo, and is the 'Flying Bus' in the Unfairground.  Gorilla Bar is a crew bar in Shangri La.

18 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

Seems unlikely for Arcadia based on booking size / policy? feels to me its all bigger acts except the early ones and those are all very new acts eg TSHA last year

4 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I had the opposite experience... Took a load of mates who know nowt about dance music to the Wow set, and they all absolutely bloody loved it - got a bit too intense for me after 40 mins, and i needed to go stand outside!

I need new mates haha - definitely was far too intense / not danceable for them i think

18 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sas!! You're back! And yes, much like yourself, GS are welcome back any time! Not sure we'll see them. IICON would be the dream...

Huge fan of giant swan, seen them tear up a number of venues. Hope they show again this year and agree IICON would be mega

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Twiggy553 said:

On the subject of IICON do we think they’ll go a tiny bit more mainstream this year or keep the formula as it is?

It veered quite a bit more mainstream from 2019 to 2022.

I think it will stay fairly similar, definitely not as much as a shift - it worked well imo

On 5/7/2023 at 10:06 AM, GrumpyRaver said:

That set was well defined my my mate as being the musical equivalent of edging. 

I'm not sure if that meant he liked it or not. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, FrattonParkStage said:

Slowly working my way through the Silver Hayes posters, enjoying LaLa and this set a lot. 

yeahhh this is a great little set, her Rinse FM mixes on soundcloud are solid as well, hopefully she's on either side of Hobo Jones at Avalon as i'd love to check her out 

Female DJ's are just absolutely hitting the nail on the head with the slightly heavier house at the minute

2 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Shangri La is here! hit us up with your recommends E/D team - brief description of their sound also appreciated* 🙂

Folamour will be a party. Expect some classic and modern disco. And he owes for the no-show last year.

Nia Archives. Jungle intertwined with vocals from the artist herself.

Prospa. Anthemic electronica/house/breaks duo.

Turno. Noisy jump-up DnB.

30 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm out of upvotes, btw, so assume I love you all and am virtually upvoting every post.

Ben

wait how many upvotes and likes are you limited to? I was never aware of this