Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Breeze said:

It is a while since i have been to Glasto (not since 2011) are any of the old perennial Glasto electronic outfits from the 90s still likely to be there? I'm thinking Eat Static, Simon Posford, Raja Ram, Banco de Gaia, System 7 etc.

I'm hoping (praying) Dreadzone will be as they are always quality live and are on tour now.

I realise this may be a daft question as many of them might have been there nearly every year since I last was!

System 7 played the glade last year before Marshall Jefferson and they were great!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, golden egg said:

Anyone considering getting a houghton ticket I may have one extra I can’t use and doesn’t seem like resale is an option? Could let it go cheap if anyone wanted? (I’ve only paid first instalment but RA says they’re unrefundable)

You could maybe try and hold out to see if it sells out, as i know thats when the resale is activated. Im still debating whether or not to go as im working at Greenman festival from the following tuesday onwards and i know how much of a slog the 72hour non stop party Houghton is. 

My mate is doing some research for his University course on Audio-Visual Technology at DJ/Electronic events, he needs around 40 more responses to have enough research to take a proper deep dive into all of the information gathered. It’ll probably just take around 5-10 minutes of your time. Cheers! https://qfreeaccountssjc1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_djnPU4zy1iTCuHA

22 hours ago, Breeze said:

It is a while since i have been to Glasto (not since 2011) are any of the old perennial Glasto electronic outfits from the 90s still likely to be there? I'm thinking Eat Static, Simon Posford, Raja Ram, Banco de Gaia, System 7 etc.

I'm hoping (praying) Dreadzone will be as they are always quality live and are on tour now.

I realise this may be a daft question as many of them might have been there nearly every year since I last was!

Eat Static headlined The Glade on the Sunday in 2019. Ozric Tentacles played mid afternoon at The Glade a few years ago too. Banco De Gaia have been playing sets in smaller stages in, I think, the Green Fields area in recent years - not seen him on at The Glade for a while.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, stanh said:

My mate is doing some research for his University course on Audio-Visual Technology at DJ/Electronic events, he needs around 40 more responses to have enough research to take a proper deep dive into all of the information gathered. It’ll probably just take around 5-10 minutes of your time. Cheers! https://qfreeaccountssjc1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_djnPU4zy1iTCuHA

Done  

Ben

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Done  

Ben

Cheers!

Mint Festival have released their lineup for this year, still 3 stages to be announced. Not as strong as last year imo, but still some good names on there, just seems a little bit weak (so far at least).

IMG_2980.thumb.jpg.202f291ee057d06bdf36ff18a0518824.jpg

11 hours ago, MadDog29 said:

You could maybe try and hold out to see if it sells out, as i know thats when the resale is activated. Im still debating whether or not to go as im working at Greenman festival from the following tuesday onwards and i know how much of a slog the 72hour non stop party Houghton is. 

I think it’s just hard to gauge whether it will since I’d expected tickets to sell out the day of release like in previous years. I know everything (bar glasto 😔) is slow this year. Just feels a gamble to shell out another lot of 125 to only potentially get back my initial one..

I’ve emailed them but not had a response yet

34 minutes ago, e_p said:

Four Tet at Arcadia.  

Far from his finest hour. Appealing to an EDM crowd when at heart youre a plastic people dj? Bizarre.

four tet should be educating the kids by playing stuff like jump bugs by syclops (which ive seen him play) not the shite he does now (sometimes). 

yes im an old man (35/36) who remembers the good old days 😂

https://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist/6dw7xp1/floating-points-four-tet-plastic-people-closing-party-2015-01-02.html 👌🏼😍

Edited by Memory Man

7 hours ago, stanh said:

Done too.

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2023 at 5:28 PM, Breeze said:

If you're after a festival with a dance tent that caters for your taste you should head to Bearded Theory for the Magical Sounds Stage, there's often the likes of System 7, The Orb, Eat Static, Banco De Gaia, Union Jack, Transglobal Underground etc playing there. They've been having a Megadog takeover on one of the days.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, stanh said:

Done that for you mate

• Thanks 1

Cheers guys!!

I don’t suppose anyone who got just 2 tickets for Printworks Closing Weekend Monday could go onto “accounts.kaboodle.co.uk”? I really need 2 tickets (either early entry or GA), up on there it is letting you buy more (see photo below). @gfahad tried for me, but it wouldn’t let you exceed the max of 4 tickets per account. 

IMG_2991.png

EDIT: Apparently it has now been turned off, if anyone is able to try still, please let me know - or if anyone is selling 2 tickets. Absolutely desperate!! 

Edited by stanh

On 4/23/2023 at 10:10 PM, plaskins said:

Enjoying the sounds of Ben Bohmer. Any recommendations from the line up that are similar?

The other acts on that same stage and day (Lonely Hearts Club - Saturday) might have a few that are a little similar (Max Cooper?) I'd check through these. 

Also The Glade area will eventually announce some progressive house acts - you'll get more of this style here than anywhere else.

Edited by danbailey80
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, FrattonParkStage said:

It looks like FS is going to be the Saturday Night Electronic Headliner on Park. Had some of my best moments at that slot with Jamie XX, Joe Goddard, Four Tet last year! Not sure I quite see this being the same! But then again Silver Hayes is so stacked I could easily be elsewhere! 

The Temple doesn't seem a great fit for him. Thought it was only drum n bass? 

2 hours ago, FrattonParkStage said:

It looks like FS is going to be the Saturday Night Electronic Headliner on Park. Had some of my best moments at that slot with Jamie XX, Joe Goddard, Four Tet last year! Not sure I quite see this being the same! But then again Silver Hayes is so stacked I could easily be elsewhere! 

It. Will. Be. RAMMED. 

Ben