Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

The Monday line up looks amazing.  I’ve never been to Printworks, only just discovered it existed recently and now I’m desperate to go before it closes.

Those who’ve been, what’s the crowd like?  Just wondering if I’ll feel out of place or not given that I’m in my 3rd decade of partying 😜

42 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Those who’ve been, what’s the crowd like?  Just wondering if I’ll feel out of place or not given that I’m in my 3rd decade of partying 😜

Can you hold your phone in the air for 12 hours? If so you’ll fit right in.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pipine said:

The Monday line up looks amazing.  I’ve never been to Printworks, only just discovered it existed recently and now I’m desperate to go before it closes.

I'd say if your that desperate to get there you'll be disappointed if you do.  It doesn't have any kind of club feel to it, just a massive event space and everyone is obsessed with recording every bloody moment.  I won't miss it when it's gone tbh.

13 hours ago, Pipine said:

I’m in my mid 30s and I’ve been a few times in recent years. It’s quite a young crowd but it’s still pretty mixed. Yes there are lots of people on their phones but if you can ignore it then it’s definitely worth going. The production and sound is incredible. I’ll miss it when it’s gone. 

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

I’m going on Sunday, never been and concerned I’ll get annoyed about all the phones 

Sorry, I was being a curmudgeonly old git about the phones. You’ll have an epic time.

Edited by Twiggy553

23 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Sorry, I was being a curmudgeonly old git about the phones. You’ll have an epic time.

You weren't, Twiggy, they're a scourge at raves.

I know I've said it before, but why can't we respect the space and other ravers in it with a voluntary, fully complied with camera sticker policy at all UK clubs, like in Germany? There's just no need to video, photograph and/or record stuff in a rave. I sometimes wonder if there would be a huge, negative impact on the numbers of people going to UK clubs if they couldn't stick it all up live on Insta...

Harrumph.

Ben

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

You weren't, Twiggy, they're a scourge at raves.

I know I've said it before, but why can't we respect the space and other ravers in it with a voluntary, fully complied with camera sticker policy at all UK clubs, like in Germany? There's just no need to video, photograph and/or record stuff in a rave. I sometimes wonder if there would be a huge, negative impact on the numbers of people going to UK clubs if they couldn't stick it all up live on Insta...

Harrumph.

Ben

No indeed, but a I’m confident a good night will still be had 🙂

also I saw Volvox play one of the best sets I’ve seen in maybe 10yrs down in inkwells and not a single mofo was filming in there 🙂

Edited by Twiggy553
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

I don’t mind people filming small clips from time to time. I don’t like people just watching the whole thing through their phone and from what I’ve seen of printworks this is the case

I once went to a football match where the lad sat in front of me was watching the match on Sky Sports on his iPad. 

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I once went to a football match where the lad sat in front of me was watching the match on Sky Sports on his iPad. 

Don’t get me started on people who film penalties, free kicks and corners at the football just so they can film their reaction if there’s a goal 

4 hours ago, Adam75 said:

Pleased to hear this. Gutted I couldn't make it

Sorry you couldn't make it. I'd only seen FJAAK before yesterday out of all the names on the lineup.

Hector Oaks, Klock B2B DVS1 and Mills blew my mind! I managed to meet Fjaak whilst walking round the venue, I was absolutely buzzing 😅

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 2:00 PM, Johnnyseven said:

Have you tried contacting the individual areas/stages directly via social media? Whilst not DJs, that's how my mates' band have got gigs in the past. 

Yes thanks, have been sending out a few feelers so will see if anything comes back 🙂 I think the smaller venues don't always have their own socials but have pinged a message to the bigger ones just in case! Gotta be in it to win it I guess haha

Ooh I think a lot of people on here will enjoy some quality electronica and techno Saturday night on the Lonely Hearts ♥️ 

Not saying any more as don’t want to get anyone in trouble… can’t wait for the poster release to be able to gush about it 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Ooh I think a lot of people on here will enjoy some quality electronica and techno Saturday night on the Lonely Hearts ♥️ 

Not saying any more as don’t want to get anyone in trouble… can’t wait for the poster release to be able to gush about it 🙂

Woah!

That's exciting! Other than WOW, there's not really much in SH for me late at night and it would be great to have options for different venues.

Will you be able to tell us more when the SH poster drops, as it's usually 'just' a wall of alphabetical names?! I'd be up for some good stuff at Lonely Hearts before heading to the SEC at 3am.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

5 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Exciting stuff - hopefully works to pull people from the SEC.

Able to confirm whether the saturday 15th SH poster rumour is true? a lot of people have said it now.