Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 3/10/2023 at 12:13 AM, Guy Incognito said:

Off to Berlin next week. Anyone got any recommendations for the best club(s) to visit. Very in the mood for some techno, if possible of the ambient variety but I don't mind too much. 

Looking for somewhere I'll be able to get in to without the risk of being turned away after hours of queuing. A friend said the best thing to do is pre-book tickets which I'm fine doing but the choices are overwhelming. 

Hoppetosse ive heard lots of good things about, lots of good events there. Much more of an intimate setting on a nice boat compared to other clubs in Berlin. Can book tickets on RA also

I reckon overmono could be in for a bump up to the park taking four tets place from last year but that is alot of skeptisizm considering they headlined sonic last year

Would like to see daphni pop up somewhere aswell 

1 hour ago, Franky said:

So who do you think is the closest to the like of Bicep or Four Tet playing this year? I watched their sets from 2022 last night. Both looked amazing. 

Cheers in advance. 

Camelphat given a decent spot.. they were unreal last year 

11 hours ago, Franky said:

So who do you think is the closest to the like of Bicep or Four Tet playing this year? I watched their sets from 2022 last night. Both looked amazing. 

Cheers in advance. 

I guess Fred was going to take Biceps slot but then they decided he’s too big for that so had to bump him up to other. Guessing they’ll have a ‘electronic’ act on the Park but not sure who’ll take it

1 hour ago, rwoo said:

I guess Fred was going to take Biceps slot but then they decided he’s too big for that so had to bump him up to other. Guessing they’ll have a ‘electronic’ act on the Park but not sure who’ll take it

Yeah Fred don’t cut it for me, not as energetic as Bicep or Four Tet, horses for courses I know. 

12 hours ago, Bmaz said:

I reckon overmono could be in for a bump up to the park taking four tets place from last year but that is alot of skeptisizm considering they headlined sonic last year

overmono seem like the closest "in thing" to be able to pull of the Park at the minute, Prospa doing a live set would be ideal but that just wouldn't pull a crowd big enough i don't reckon

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

overmono seem like the closest "in thing" to be able to pull of the Park at the minute, Prospa doing a live set would be ideal but that just wouldn't pull a crowd big enough i don't reckon

Missed Prospa last year so would love them on the bill. 

But yeah Overmono LIVE could have crossover to a main stage. 

15 hours ago, Franky said:

Cheers in advance. 

Four Tet will most likely be there.

Probably doing his usual Morning Side, Saturday 11am set at Stonebridge Bar.

High chances that Fred / Four Tet / Skrillex are doing Arcadia one night

Maybe one more DJ set elsewhere, San Remo or Sonic maybe but don't think Four Tet will do a Live show, just DJ

Bicep could show up for a DJ set, but feels quite unlikely. 

2 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Four Tet will most likely be there.

Probably doing his usual Morning Side, Saturday 11am set at Stonebridge Bar.

High chances that Fred / Four Tet / Skrillex are doing Arcadia one night

Maybe one more DJ set elsewhere, San Remo or Sonic maybe but don't think Four Tet will do a Live show, just DJ

Bicep could show up for a DJ set, but feels quite unlikely. 

I mean, any of that would be lovely lol 😂

9 hours ago, rwoo said:

I dunno. Just in the sense that whoever takes that slot is up against Elton John. They need to be that big or the field will be empty..

7 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

Prospa would be great, could see them on Sonic this year. Definitely not park size, could barely sell 1k in london live

Overmono if they stop severely oversaturating the festival market could do park, but think they are beyond the point of no return for that now unless they release a song that goes viral or something. need to give it a year off festivals and then do it which seems unlikely

5 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Generally only plays in the UK for serious cash (aside from the odd london charity show) and to my knowledge has never dj’d at glastonbury. Guess it wouldnt happen.

Caribou literally did glasto last year, 100% possible. Incredible set at WHP last year as Daphni.

22 hours ago, Bmaz said:

Daphni would be great!  Dan Snaith "liked" a tweet I sent him asking if Daphni was playing Glastonbury 23 back at the beginning of the year, might be nothing, but you never know. Plus he divides his time between London and back here in Toronto/Hamilton, so he is around.

Would love to see TSHA make an appearance, surprised she wasn't on the main poster.  Maybe a headline slot somewhere in Silver Hayes?  Think she had a couple of DJ sets last year, but hoping for a live show off the back of her brilliant album.

35 minutes ago, TorontoScot said:

Daphni would be great!  Dan Snaith "liked" a tweet I sent him asking if Daphni was playing Glastonbury 23 back at the beginning of the year, might be nothing, but you never know. Plus he divides his time between London and back here in Toronto/Hamilton, so he is around.

Would love to see TSHA make an appearance, surprised she wasn't on the main poster.  Maybe a headline slot somewhere in Silver Hayes?  Think she had a couple of DJ sets last year, but hoping for a live show off the back of her brilliant album.

TSHA was on the spider last year wasn’t she? I’d definitely try and make room to see Daphni if he was on a bit later somewhere

2 hours ago, TorontoScot said:

Other than Fatboy, they don't really put DJs on the main poster.

Does TSHA really play 'live' - in the way that, say, Jon Hopkins, Four Tet etc do? 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Other than Fatboy, they don't really put DJs on the main poster.

Does TSHA really play 'live' - in the way that, say, Jon Hopkins, Four Tet etc do? 

Ben

I was thinking (and hoping) she might be on the poster the same way Four Tet was on last years poster and headlining Park (though obviously TSHA's not big enough to do the same this year).  It does seem like she is still doing only DJ sets atm.  Perhaps because she is on the Coachella line up, I was thinking she might have had something new planned for the upcoming festival season?

• Upvote 1