Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Zacko said:

I actually heard similar from a mate! How come it was so bad? I think I remember my pal saying it was all just a bit...'undancey'! 

Favourite ever run was him subbing Frank Ocean at Lovebox. Stuff of dreams for me as he was unleashing pure disco shellers and tearbangers (but probably biased if you see my profile picture haha)

Hard to describe, just a bad set. Played a few clangers, dropped some Jungle tracks in the middle that didn’t land well with the APE crowd (it wasn’t a dance crowd) and went on too long given the crowd reaction, held off the XX tunes until late in the set.

It probably didn’t help that the sound was shite, the festival was poorly organised and there was a drought of a certain party drug and a lot of bad pills floating about that definitely flattened the atmosphere.   

id give him another go, but not on a stage that size in a field that size (although that’s probably the only option going forward).

Edited by MaxPower

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

Hard to describe, just a bad set. Played a few clangers, dropped some Jungle tracks in the middle that didn’t land well with the APE crowd (it wasn’t a dance crowd) and went on too long given the crowd reaction, held off the XX tunes until late in the set.

It probably didn’t help that the sound was shite, the festival was poorly organised and there was a drought of a certain party drug and a lot of bad pills floating about that definitely flattened the atmosphere.   

id give him another go, but not on a stage that size in a field that size (although that’s probably the only option going forward).

When I look back at last Summer, it really was a bit of an anti climax wasn't it? Mainly cause of stuff like this

4 hours ago, rubick said:

I believe he self-confirmed on social media, we just don't know where he'll be yet (but it's usually Glade/Spaceport).

Nick Warren is a legend at Glasto. He is usually up The Rabbit Hole on Thursday nights too. Always have a crazily great time there but sometimes I go too hard too early and ruin the rest of the festival!!!

Edited by rgalbraith

1 minute ago, rgalbraith said:

Nick Warren is a legend at Glasto. He is usually up The Rabbit Hole on Thursday nights too. Always have a crazily great time there but sometimes I go too hard too early!!!

No question of his legendary status! Think I first heard him play in late 90s in Lush!, Portrush where he was a regular booking throughout that glorious proggy/Global Underground era. Pretty sure it was Nick and Diggers on the same billing that night. 

Just now, rubick said:

No question of his legendary status! Think I first heard him play in late 90s in Lush!, Portrush where he was a regular booking throughout that glorious proggy/Global Underground era. Pretty sure it was Nick and Diggers on the same billing that night. 

I remember seeing him at Creamfields in 99 and he was class

Not my usual scene at all but I've been listening through the Block 9 Soundcloud this afternoon and really enjoying the Honey Dijon NYC Downlow mix. Anything in that vein announced yet? Or do I need to wait for the SE Corner lineup drops to start?

A lot of specific dance genre terminology goes right over my head so I never know what I'm looking for or how to find it on the posters. 

3 minutes ago, oakdown said:

Not my usual scene at all but I've been listening through the Block 9 Soundcloud this afternoon and really enjoying the Honey Dijon NYC Downlow mix. Anything in that vein announced yet? Or do I need to wait for the SE Corner lineup drops to start?

A lot of specific dance genre terminology goes right over my head so I never know what I'm looking for or how to find it on the posters. 

Just had a flick through it and for the most part that disco/house vibe might have to hold off a little longer for some other announcements- I’d recommend Artwork to listen to but people on here have told me he’s not too up to scratch these days 

however Silver Hayes overall might be a good place to start, it might be a *bit* heavier in places but overall it’s still house . I recommend TSHA (just Silver Hayes set though, the Arcadia one she’ll deffo veer heavy, she has a cracking mixmag set on YouTube which is more where I think she’ll take that slot) , Jaguar , Crazy P soundsystem are both Similar en masse

maaaybe Eclair Fifi , India Jordan and Denis Sulta and Eats Everything (his Defected Virtual Set in particular)  at a push but that’s getting into the territory of just banging house, though you might still enjoy! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rubick said:

Amazing. Was aware of Nick/Way Out West prior but saw W.O.W headlining The Glade in 2003 and it opened the door to my love of Prog which to this day endures. Straight afterwards I purchased Global Underground: Reykjavik - what a CD.

Been a bit of a Nick Warren disciple every since, especially over the years at Glastonbury. Even featured in some rather incriminating the Our Man in the Field Glastonbury videos 😉

For me only Digweed comes close (and sometimes of late even surpasses as JD has got harder and NW softer IMO)

Edited by rgalbraith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oakdown said:

Definitely hoping for some stuff in that vein to be announced, would love Masters at Work or a Louie Vega solo set in there. Kerri Chandler would be a dream too, I think he might have played NYC Downlow in 2013 judging from a quick Google.

1 hour ago, rubick said:

I recall seeing him in 93 and 94 at Verbeer Manor in Devon more than once, probably filling in for Sasha (who either never showed up or was never even booked - both scenarios happened a lot back then!)

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I recall seeing him in 93 and 94 at Verbeer Manor in Devon more than once, probably filling in for Sasha (who either never showed up or was never even booked - both scenarios happened a lot back then!)

Hahaha the old Sasha lottery. Thankfully he's always shown up any time I've ever been to see him. Lush! was some spot, Sasha, Digweed, Seaman, Howells, all appearing regularly, and corker sweaty nights with Lee Burridge, Lucien Foort, Chris Fortier etc. Really enjoyed my second honeymoon on the pingers in that place! 

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

Just had a flick through it and for the most part that disco/house vibe might have to hold off a little longer for some other announcements- I’d recommend Artwork to listen to but people on here have told me he’s not too up to scratch these days 

however Silver Hayes overall might be a good place to start, it might be a *bit* heavier in places but overall it’s still house . I recommend TSHA (just Silver Hayes set though, the Arcadia one she’ll deffo veer heavy, she has a cracking mixmag set on YouTube which is more where I think she’ll take that slot) , Jaguar , Crazy P soundsystem are both Similar en masse

maaaybe Eclair Fifi , India Jordan and Denis Sulta and Eats Everything (his Defected Virtual Set in particular)  at a push but that’s getting into the territory of just banging house, though you might still enjoy! 

Cheers pal, this is perfect! TSHA, Denis Sulta and Eats Everything have gone straight on the clashfinder. 

1 hour ago, oakdown said:

Not too much on the NYC downlow vibe just yet, the lineup is usually fairly similar each year though so I'm really looking forward to being back there.

7 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

My mates booked Freddy K in Dublin in a few weeks I’ll get onto him to ask if he’s doing Glastonbury this year. Could definitely see him at Bloc9.

Freddy K would be fantastic on Genosys - he played a cracking set at the white hotel back in January 

Will also be checking out Bonobo's new live set in Manc next week. The last time he was on West Holts, I think 2014?, was bliss! 

59 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Very true! It was always one of three: 

- No show

- Never booked

- Too battered to play