Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, your mother said:

Anyone know what "Tayo presents Carry Onyeabor" is? Anything to do with our pal William Onyeabor? (Beat hotel Saturday) 

A couple of years ago he did this at Stonebridge. Was a dj set of William Onyeabor's music. Only caught it for a bit but it was good fun :) May be ore than just that though, who knows...

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Is there a separate queue/entrance or is there a single way in for NYCD and Meat Rack.

Really fancy Paranoid London in the Meat Rack after Heidi.

Saturday is stellar.

Ben

Yeah.. Make sure you have a moustache before!

Lots of precious dance time lost in hotfooting it to Stonebridge on Saturday Ben! ;)

26 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

A couple of years ago he did this at Stonebridge. Was a dj set of William Onyeabor's music. Only caught it for a bit but it was good fun :) May be ore than just that though, who knows...

Ah thanks a lot, added to the clashfinder ! I was thinking that carry onyeabor was his daughter or something, only just got that it's carry on yeabor

guys, does anyone think this act could be andres as in "new 4 u" andres? Blues Thursday:

ANDRES & 'NO AVERAGE G'

20:00 - 22:00

there is no hyperlink unfortunately. If it is former slum village dj and edit god Andres i might wet myself.

but i wont get my hopes up

Edited by Memory Man

8 hours ago, Browner's Right said:

Popof in the Temple was a surprise - I missed him on the Common poster at least. Not really my cup of tea but wouldn't complain if I ended up seeing him.

Ooof, He's definitely up my street! Realistically speaking, I imagine it will be difficult to get from Pyramid after Radiohead to The Temple in any sort of time.  But I really like Popof.  Gives me an excuse to post one of my favourite remixes of all time:

15 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

guys, does anyone think this act could be andres as in "new 4 u" andres? Blues Thursday:

ANDRES & 'NO AVERAGE G'

there is no hyperlink unfortunately. If it is former slum village dj and edit god Andres i might wet myself.

I saw this earlier but thought there was no way. Can't find owt for "No Average G" though - praps a pseudonym/anagram? Andrés is available on Thursday though...

10 hours ago, Memory Man said:

ANDRES & 'NO AVERAGE G'

might be worth asking Silver Hayes on facebook message, or twitter?

ION I just realised that Andrés isn't a psuedonym for Moodymann, it's DJ Dez. think I saw various Andrés releases on Moodymann's Mahogani Music label and assumed it was him, similar style too"

Edited by ghostdancer1

Just now, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Should be fine, just need to position yourself in the field correctly for a rapid getaway

Where would you recommend? keeping in mind I love Radiohead so will want to be as close as possible for at least the first 90% of their set

15 minutes ago, Joj said:

Where would you recommend? keeping in mind I love Radiohead so will want to be as close as possible for at least the first 90% of their set

I'm guessing to the left of the crowd as you look at the stage.

Reckon the attempts to spread the after hours fun around (Hessle Party, Heidi, Elrow etc on the Friday) will be make it less of a struggle than in previous years though.

1 minute ago, OBface said:

I'm guessing to the left of the crowd as you look at the stage.

Reckon the attempts to spread the after hours fun around (Hessle Party, Heidi, Elrow etc on the Friday) will be make it less of a struggle than in previous years though.

I'm torn what to do on Friday. I want to head to the SE corner, but could easily see me going the other way to watch some Hessle Audio first 

16 minutes ago, Joj said:

I would say at the encore, head back halfway back, on the left side of the field where the toilets are. cut out the small gap there and head down past the bandstand, Williams Green field, Circus, then Cabaret fields.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I would say at the encore, head back halfway back, on the left side of the field where the toilets are. cut out the small gap there and head down past the bandstand, Williams Green field, Circus, then Cabaret fields.

*Studies map*

I think I'll do exactly that. Many thanks ghostdancer!

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm torn what to do on Friday. I want to head to the SE corner, but could easily see me going the other way to watch some Hessle Audio first 

This is a problem for me too, Mez.

If you did go straight to the SEC first, what would you hit up?

I was thinking Hessle from 0000-0100h, then heading to Genosys for Blawan (clearly).

My HUGE worry is that I've been in Block9 when they've closed it to anyone else coming in. The mere thought of not getting into Genosys for Blawan and Shed fills me with cold dread. So I'm wondering if I just need to bite the bullet and scoot there just before RH piles out...

What do we think, team?

Ben

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

It's a tough one. Far more after hours clashes for me this year. Reckon I'll at least attempt both, Hessle first then down for end of Hunee/Dan Shake. 

3 minutes ago, Joj said:

Gotta love Elrow, they're such heroes for soaking up crowds and drawing all the people away from the places I want to be ^_^

They really are! Having said that I know at least a few of my team are keen for it :o If I HAVE to go I'm going to try and force it for a brief hour Thursday daytime. Get it out of the way nice and early.

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

This is a problem for me too, Mez.

If you did go straight to the SEC first, what would you hit up?

I was thinking Hessle from 0000-0100h, then heading to Genosys for Blawan (clearly).

My HUGE worry is that I've been in Block9 when they've closed it to anyone else coming in. The mere thought of not getting into Genosys for Blawan and Shed fills me with cold dread. So I'm wondering if I just need to bite the bullet and scoot there just before RH piles out...

What do we think, team?

Ben

Yep this is the same dilemma. Whilst I really want to see Blawan, if I was at Hessle Audio and it was brilliant I'd be happy to stay there until 3. They tried to close of the entrances last year and it just ended in crushes, so I think they'll try and avoid that. 

As OB said earlier, they have 100% tried to spread the crowds about, I actually think it might work pretty well. Jackmaster will be very popular on Arcadia, Hassle Audio will be popular and Elrow obviously. I don't quite envision the same problems this year