Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Very doubtful, I'm afraid. That Holo rig is something else

Would love to see that show . Last seen Prydz at Creamfields 2012 before all the visuals- all we got was a few bright lights and a strobe( still a great set to be fair).

3 hours ago, Hugh with a P said:

Oh my !!!! 

*completely rethinks Saturday night*

1 hour ago, CH0161 said:

Would have loved to see a Prydz set with the visuals. Obviously we haven't seen this new dragonfly concept but I'm assuming it won't be possible?

The visuals won't be there

While the sets show the music they are very misleading what people are sending!

3 hours ago, Smozmorris said:

YES..now we talking..excitement levels just gone up big time.Ki/Ki was a highlight on the Levels last year. Let her bring the Acid Techno with Haai! Amelie Lens will go off and hoping Prydz goes hard..does anyone know?

I'm usually a 'it's not about the lineup' kind of guy but this announcement has totally changed the dynamic of my festival this year! 

If Block 9 pull out the crackers too I think i'll have a sensory overload. 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm usually a 'it's not about the lineup' kind of guy but this announcement has totally changed the dynamic of my festival this year! 

If Block 9 pull out the crackers too I think i'll have a sensory overload. 

Some of we dance heads have had to wait a while for our day in the sun, but it looks like it's arriving now!

Ben

3 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Judge for yourself

:

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've posted. Happy to say I'll back on the farm for my 9th Glasto this year. I've just listened to this and oh my what a journey. That finale gave me the feels, big time. 

3 hours ago, CH0161 said:

Would have loved to see a Prydz set with the visuals. Obviously we haven't seen this new dragonfly concept but I'm assuming it won't be possible?

He could be an Other Stage headliner imo, he'd knock it out the park.

31 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Phwoarrrr @bennyhana22, plug it into my veins 

Out of upvotes ❤️

Crossing fingers and toes that Techno Night is Sunday, though that's often the big DnB night...

2015 Arcadia Friday was Maceo Plex, Pan Pot and Adam Beyer. Ooft.

Ben

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Out of upvotes ❤️

Crossing fingers and toes that Techno Night is Sunday, though that's often the big DnB night...

Ben

I remember for Maceo Plex wasn't that busy and managed to be right under the spider and the sound was great

4 minutes ago, Ninety9 said:

I remember for Maceo Plex wasn't that busy and managed to be right under the spider and the sound was great

Yup. Best ever sound for me was Jon Hopkins in 2017 (?). Was at headliner time, so the elite crowd were all under the belly or still within the speaker circle and the sound was spectacular.

First time in quite a while I've been super-excited about Arcadia - last time was for Pangea, and that was as much about the new installation.

Ben

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Out of upvotes ❤️

Ben

I dunno how everyone else feels but I much prefer it when the running genres are mixed, rather than hand over an area to one sound for the night. Give me variety, from different artists, a real journey through electronica in one place, sunset to sunrise

24 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I dunno how everyone else feels but I much prefer it when the running genres are mixed, rather than hand over an area to one sound for the night. Give me variety, from different artists, a real journey through electronica in one place, sunset to sunrise

I’m the exact opposite. I can’t be arsed with all the walking between stages 😂 

8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Forget Call On Me. 

This is what he's up to these days.

Taking my kids to Radio 1 Big Weekend on Friday and Prydz is playing.

Hoping it’ll be full visuals like this to fully hook them into dance music and solidify them as ravers! 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

In a place often voted the worst place in England…..

Luton 😂

Ah. 

Oh well, I'm sure it'll still be fun. 

Funnily enough, I saw Prydz at the R1 Hackney Weekend in 2012. Practically zero visuals. Mind you, we're talking before the days of EPiC and Holo. Plus it was like 3pm.

Have a good one. And report back!

18 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

No videos of him playing on a big dragonfly available unfortunately. 

Yet!

I more meant soundcloud links 🙂 

15 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

So good this. Sugababes > LCD > Dua > techno night at Arcadia absolutely seminal Friday at Glastonbury for me. 

The techno (kiki, prydz, haai, amelie etc.) looks to be on saturday - sorry to be the barer of bad news!

House fri, techno sat, dnb sun

14 hours ago, nikkic said:

Taking my kids to Radio 1 Big Weekend on Friday and Prydz is playing.

Hoping it’ll be full visuals like this to fully hook them into dance music and solidify them as ravers! 

It won't be its in their small dance tent

if it was HOLO it gets branded as it on the poster, will be a much more standard dj set