Weirdest thing you saw at Glastonbury 2014?

Woffy

Wheel of four tunes in the cabaret field is always a bit weird.

Two blokes dressed as red power rangers on stage pretty much shouting abuse at the audience whilst singing along to songs played from a laptop.

Brilliant all the same.

Edited by JoeyT

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sight of people who'd paid £215 a ticket having horrible come-downs. I don't really understand why anybody would go to somewhere as naturally amazing as Glastonbury then proceed to get so artificially high they can't appreciate anything for what it is, and won't remember any of it.

"How was your Glastonbury?"

"Amazing! It was all a drug-induced blur!"

"What was your favourite bit?"

"I don't remember any of it!"

Twats.

I've seen Primal Scream on mushrooms and not on mushrooms. They are much better seen and listened to on mushrooms than not, in my opinion. How do I know this? Because I remember both experiences over the number of times that I have seen them.

I'd say that there are very very few people who go to Glastonbury and get that wasted that they cannot remember 5 days of their life. In any case, it's up to them what they do. What do you think gives you the right to morally dictate which way Glastonbury should be savoured?

What do you think gives you the right to morally dictate which way Glastonbury should be savoured?

What makes you think I've dictated anything? I've already said it's not a moral position. The question was what you find weird - that's something I find weird for reasons given.

The fact that you summed it up by calling them all twats implied you were taking some kind of moral position and was a bit uncalled for. You don't understand why they do glasto like that. But there it should end as it doesn't impede your life or enjoyment. They may not understand why you do it your way. Neither of you are right. Just different.

I have to agree. Calling people twats for doing something you don't understand isn't some kind of neutral position. It's just not very nice, which is out of character for you Kalifire.

The fact that you summed it up by calling them all twats implied you were taking some kind of moral position and was a bit uncalled for. You don't understand why they do glasto like that. But there it should end as it doesn't impede your life or enjoyment. They may not understand why you do it your way. Neither of you are right. Just different.

That's fair enough. Calling them twats wasn't fair, and I don't actually think they're twats, I was just being flippant. Apologies.

The tent in the healing fields where everybody was sculpting rocks to the beat of background music. Don't think there's any clearer way I can describe that really, but it was one of the first things me and my friends came across last year and it was brilliant!

What makes you think I've dictated anything? I've already said it's not a moral position. The question was what you find weird - that's something I find weird for reasons given.

It was when you called a certain subset of attendees 'twats' that I naturally concluded that you had taken a moral position. In referring to them as such you were attempting to indicate that their behaviour wasn't acceptable (dictating) when, of course, it is, always has been, and hopefully always will be.

New phone mate. They'll be things you can tell your grandkids about.

So sad, can't you just use the old one to post on here?

snarfulling

Edited by jeffie