Weirdest thing you saw at Glastonbury 2014?

Woffy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see this event but was told it by someone. Basically, this young lady came along holding one of my mates at about 8am in the morning. Loads of us were still up and thought 'how's he managed this'? The young lady explained that she'd seen a pair of legs hanging out of one of the long drops when she went for a pee. When she got out they were still there. She opened the door and there's my mate with his head over the toilet hole asleep. She managed to rouse him and get him back to our camp. Fair play to her for doing that.

The sight of people who'd paid £215 a ticket having horrible come-downs. I don't really understand why anybody would go to somewhere as naturally amazing as Glastonbury then proceed to get so artificially high they can't appreciate anything for what it is, and won't remember any of it.

"How was your Glastonbury?"

"Amazing! It was all a drug-induced blur!"

"What was your favourite bit?"

"I don't remember any of it!"

Twats.

Having not slept all of Saturday night and spent a good portion of the morning and early afternoon of the Sunday getting plastered in the crew bar in Shangri-La, I ended up having a bit of a nap on some grass near the bandstand after Dolly Parton on the way to meet some friends.

First time I woke up, it was a lovely security guy asking if I was okay. Second time I woke up it was to the sounds of the Doritos mariachi band playing "Don't You Want Me" by the Human League. Third time I woke up, there were eight people standing in a circle around me, all dressed as Dolly Parton. They immediately proceeded to initiate a surprisingly intense exorcism ceremony upon me.

It was strange.

The sight of people who'd paid £215 a ticket having horrible come-downs. I don't really understand why anybody would go to somewhere as naturally amazing as Glastonbury then proceed to get so artificially high they can't appreciate anything for what it is, and won't remember any of it.

Twats.

Try proper MDMA and then comment again.

Twats.

Couple of come downs add to the all round festival experience. That moment you pop back into the real world and are ready to get on it again is not one you would normally get in the real world. As above try some proper MD.

Couple of come downs add to the all round festival experience.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. Bizarre. That's not a moral position - I don't care enough, but it's just strange to me that one of the few places in the world which doesn't require anything other than what it is to have a transcendent experience is attended by a minority of people who'd rather eliminate it from their memory banks by experiencing the same sensation they'd get anywhere else.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. Bizarre. That's not a moral position - I don't care enough, but it's just strange to me that one of the few places in the world which doesn't require anything other than what it is to have a transcendent experience is attended by a minority of people who'd rather eliminate it from their memory banks by experiencing the same sensation they'd get anywhere else.

Gosh. You sound like fun.

That stuff doesn't really interest me too much, but I can see why people prefer doing it at Glastonbury (more freedom, safer than doing it out in a large city, adds to the experience)

The majority of people don't give a shit about the memories in comparison to the great time they're having. I drank too much in the excitement for the stones in 2013, and because of this, I barely remember Primal Scream, but I'm happy and safe in the knowledge that I had an awesome time and drinking definitely enhanced my experience

This is just my viewpoint

I'm with you on this. Not a drug taker myself but some close friends are so I've seen the outcome of most drugs and I can't imagine being lucky enough to get a ticket and then not remembering it or suffering from a come down during the festival.

As for the weirdest thing I've seen..

We were sat on the hill above the tipi field one evening, minding our own business. We quickly realised that there was a couple behind us at the top of the hill having sex. Okay, just ignore it. Then we realised there was another couple down the hill to our right. Slightly more difficult to ignore but still. Then, much to our disbelief we noticed another couple to our left, up against the fence. What was weird was that the guy looked like he was being pinned against the fence against his will and didn't want to be there, so because we noticed this we kinda kept an eye on the situation whilst trying not to be too pervy (it was dark so it wasn't like we could see much). Once finished, the girl ran away in floods of tears, straight past us, while the guy composed himself, pulled his trousers up and walked off. Can't quite work out what happened.. they clearly didn't know each other but her reaction would make it seem that he was the one holding her down.

Now that I've typed all that I realised you asked for 2014. This happened in 2011.

That stuff doesn't really interest me too much, but I can see why people prefer doing it at Glastonbury (more freedom, safer than doing it out in a large city, adds to the experience)

The majority of people don't give a shit about the memories in comparison to the great time they're having. I drank too much in the excitement for the stones in 2013, and because of this, I barely remember Primal Scream, but I'm happy and safe in the knowledge that I had an awesome time and drinking definitely enhanced my experience

This is just my viewpoint

Really? That makes me part of a minority, but so be it.

I lost a few hours due to overindulgence way back in 2002, and I still regret it. I really want to be able to remember the good times, and what I have seen and experienced. But I've always been boring, me.

Anyway, the strangest thing I saw this year was my friend being moved to tears during a gig, never happened before. And she wasn't on anything, it was just the place, the occasion and everything coming together. Told you I was boring!

Ive walked through the glastonbury site on a variety of substances. The place is amazing.

Walking through it on certain substances made me notice other things, see the clouds move differently. Appreciate the place on a different level and like seeing it sober - is something I won't forget.

Each to their own. Its good that the vast majority can enjoy the place on whatever they have.