Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

Thanks a lot! =)

Btw, do you know if the festival bus is running all night?

Don't thank me yet, i am not 100% sure. :-) It has not been a problem the previous times i went though, so hopefully nothing has changed. 

And sorry no clue about the busses. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our megabus is leaving London at 21:30 and scheduled to cross around midnight... This looks seriously worrying. Can't get hold of megabus i really hope they are organising an alternative.

Last year the Eurostar broke down so decided to get a coach this time and then the ferry port closes. Great.

All services today have been cancelled at the moment. protesters have broke in to ferry and eurostar terminals in Calais apparently. And are protesting on the tracks! Im glad i booked a flight!

I know its been mentioned a few times but I was wondering what other lone festival goers are doing? Is there any specific group that lone campers are joining (like "camp unknown" at festivals such as sziget or roskilde) or is everybody just doing their own thing?

There is a small camping shop at the hive, you might be able to buy some stuff from there.

Thanks for that.

Was wondering how fast the Hive fills up? Our friend was able to get a late ticket on resale however he won't be flying out until the Thursday morning. Would we be able to keep him a spot or will it fill up?

RW just confirmed on Twitter that the current schedule is the final one. So St. Paul is indeed only playing 30 minutes, Florence and FNM both 1h (odd choices).

Stupid decision cause St Paul is one of the best bands on Thursday..

Hi guys!

I think I have a problem, A big problem, Im afraid. 
Me and my wife are attending RockWerchter for the first time this year and are really looking forward to it.

But since my wife is 7 month pregnant (!) we wouldn't risk staying at the Hive in a tent, so we booked a hotel for these days in Mechelen. Michelen is a bit far away I know...

Since I understand that trains nor busses dont go from the station i Leuven so late in the evening/at night when the concerts ends the only way for us to come back and forth from Mechelen to Werchter is to drive our own car to the festival and back every day. This is my problem. How can i do this?

Is this possible to do? I`m worried about how and where to park the car around the festival every day. I understand it costs 20/15 euro? Does this mean for the sticker or for every time/day?

Maybe the best thing is to drive to Leuven and park there every day and take the shuffle busses from Leuven to the festival area??

What to do? 

Hope this works out cause theres LOTS of music to be seen and heard till the baby comes :-D

Hi guys!

I think I have a problem, A big problem, Im afraid. 
Me and my wife are attending RockWerchter for the first time this year and are really looking forward to it.

But since my wife is 7 month pregnant (!) we wouldn't risk staying at the Hive in a tent, so we booked a hotel for these days in Mechelen. Michelen is a bit far away I know...

Since I understand that trains nor busses dont go from the station i Leuven so late in the evening/at night when the concerts ends the only way for us to come back and forth from Mechelen to Werchter is to drive our own car to the festival and back every day. This is my problem. How can i do this?

Is this possible to do? I`m worried about how and where to park the car around the festival every day. I understand it costs 20/15 euro? Does this mean for the sticker or for every time/day?

Maybe the best thing is to drive to Leuven and park there every day and take the shuffle busses from Leuven to the festival area??

What to do? 

Hope this works out cause theres LOTS of music to be seen and heard till the baby comes :-D

I'd say: park at the festival site. The 20/15 euro fee is for the whole weekend, IF there is still space in that specific parking. You get a sticker for a specific parking for the weekend, if it's full you have to find a different parking and thus buy a new sticker.

But parking in Leuven is anything but cheap, with prices going from 10 (far from the station) to 22 euro per full day. So it's worth taking the risk of going to the festival site, you might be lucky and spend only 15 euro for the whole weekend. And you don't have to take those damned crowded busses, which is good news for your wife. 

What do you guys think about Friday not being sold out?

Has it ever happened before?

Usually if a day doesn't sell out it's the Thursday, since people have to work on Fridays. 

But I don't think it's all that troublesome: Ticketmaster has been showing 'last tickets' since last week + they are not doing a mass giveaway of Friday tickets, which has been a common strategy for non-sold out Werchter events in the past. Maybe a few hundred of them left?

Edited by Dietediet

I'd say: park at the festival site. The 20/15 euro fee is for the whole weekend, IF there is still space in that specific parking. You get a sticker for a specific parking for the weekend, if it's full you have to find a different parking and thus buy a new sticker.

But parking in Leuven is anything but cheap, with prices going from 10 (far from the station) to 22 euro per full day. So it's worth taking the risk of going to the festival site, you might be lucky and spend only 15 euro for the whole weekend. And you don't have to take those damned crowded busses, which is good news for your wife. 

Thank you for answering. I will do what you advice me to do:-)

This will hopefully work out well. 

I wish all of you guys a lovely festival.

Enjoy!

30 June - 3 July according to Studio Brussel website. So back to the old weekend.

And let's already write down Foos, viewing as they're coming back for Pinkpop and Glasto.

Great news on the date front if accurate. Edited by thetime