Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The longer they leave it the more people start selling their Thursday tickets :(

The way I see it, the longer they leave it, the better chance we have of getting someone decent.

If they were just going to bump Flo, they would have announced it sooner, like what Glasto did.

As for the weather, I've been checking for the past 2 weeks and it has changed daily, to the point where I've almost given up checking. Hopefully we will get decent weather :)

Money wise, I'm taking about 100 euros a day to cover food and drinks.

Is it worth buying rum from the airport, or should we just buying all our drinks from their?

apparently no usual friday 4 p.m. announcement........

I think they'll just drop the news the second they have made a decision, rather than going for a 4pm announcement. Heck, might even be Sunday at 9pm. 

Like Bilbo said above: it's actually a reason to be more hopeful, considering that bumping up Florence and adding a Belgian act could've been arranged within hours. 

I think they'll just drop the news the second they have made a decision, rather than going for a 4pm announcement. Heck, might even be Sunday at 9pm.

Like Bilbo said above: it's actually a reason to be more hopeful, considering that bumping up Florence and adding a Belgian act could've been arranged within hours.

they shouldn't tell anything and give us a "surprise" headliner :D

They wont tell us anything until they'll sort everything out, regardless if Florence is bumped to headline or not. So the fact they didnt announced yet doesn't mean that they are searching for a headliner size band.

Edited by e2p2

Weather forecast: it change daily, typical Belgian thing. Today it was 17°C (near Werchter), very cloudy and rain from time t time.

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday: not that good, +/- 17°C, cloudy and rainy. But it seems that it's gonne get better from the moment all of you will arrive! From Wednesday we go over the 20°C and also on Thursday they expect no rain. Friday they expect rain. Cant say anything about the weekend, within 3 days everything can change :)

What we know: it will be normal weather, sometimes sunny, sometimes cloudy and mayby some rain. But forget the very hot weather like we had a few times inthe past years.

Welcome to all and enjoy! ;)

Considering the timescale to get a replacement rock act Kiss would be pretty fucking good going whether you like them or not

Pinkpop gets Triggerfinger 24h before the show, Werchter has a week to find the solution. I've seen both bands live, even with not all the lights and the makeup of Kiss, Triggerfinger delivers a much better performance than Kiss (but not an as long show). Considering this fact, I think that it's really disappointing.. I think that many touring bands are more appropriated... Kiss plays at Graspop. When we look at the headliners of Graspop, Kiss are not the greatest live band by far ! (Faith No More, Slash, Judas Priest, Airbourne..) Even switching Florence to headliner and putting a good rock act like Airbourne or Kensington would have been better... So if Kiss plays, even if a urgent decision, I don't think that people will be enthusiastic.. But the team behind the lineup has already done a great job.

I´d be happy with anything as long as Florence doesn´t headline. Kiss would be interesting but I still hope for Blur. They do have a gap in their tour schedule next week but on the other hand they turned down Glastonbury.

Do we know Glastonbury actually asked them? Florence was announced really quickly and Emily Eavis said Florence was big enough to headline before Dave Grohl had even broken his leg.

Pinkpop gets Triggerfinger 24h before the show, Werchter has a week to find the solution. I've seen both bands live, even with not all the lights and the makeup of Kiss, Triggerfinger delivers a much better performance than Kiss (but not an as long show). Considering this fact, I think that it's really disappointing.. I think that many touring bands are more appropriated... Kiss plays at Graspop. When we look at the headliners of Graspop, Kiss are not the greatest live band by far ! (Faith No More, Slash, Judas Priest, Airbourne..) Even switching Florence to headliner and putting a good rock act like Airbourne or Kensington would have been better... So if Kiss plays, even if a urgent decision, I don't think that people will be enthusiastic.. But the team behind the lineup has already done a great job.

If you take tour schedules in account, none of those Graspop acts are an option. It makes sense though: they've actually gone all the way to book a new rock headliner, rather than going for the easy Belgian/Dutch afternoon solution.

According to different, thrustworthy sources, there is indeed a replacement act booked. They don't know which one but it will be announced after the weekend. Apparently they want to avoid thousands of extra tickets going into the exchange system so close to the festival.

Hi guys

Urgent question here.

My friend has suddenly had to pull out of the festival as his Girlfriend is pregnant and has fallen ill. I have been looking into the official resale program and it says the deadline is tomorrow at 12pm. Will his ticket sell in time on there and does the process work well and easily??

If not then he has one combi ticket and an xl camping ticket if anyone wants to buy today. I am still going so can happily meet at Werchter to hand the ticket over.

Thanks