Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

Fair play to RW for not taking the easy route and clearly working hard over the past week on the problem. Although FNM aren't a band I'm familiar with and was hoping for the strokes, the fact that they have got a big band in has probably secured my ticket for next year.

Two Royal Blood sets will be interesting. How will they mix it up off one album? May go to Chet Faker on Thursday instead but tricky to decide which set they will put a better show on for.

The long journey starts tomorrow for me!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to RW for not taking the easy route and clearly working hard over the past week on the problem. Although FNM aren't a band I'm familiar with and was hoping for the strokes, the fact that they have got a big band in has probably secured my ticket for next year.

Two Royal Blood sets will be interesting. How will they mix it up off one album? May go to Chet Faker on Thursday instead but tricky to decide which set they will put a better show on for.

The long journey starts tomorrow for me!

If you are quite a fan of Chet Faker I'd head to that set on Thursday, dont think you'll miss much as although they might not be in the same running order its likely Royal Blood will play an almost identical set as the one they do Saturday.

Got to say I only know 1 Faith No More song but I think it's a cracking booking at such a late stage and considering the circumstances.

Most of festivals would just have bumped up some bands a got a few unknown smaller acts to fit the bill so restores my faith in rock werchter, fair play to them.

So it might be short notice but where to start with Faith No More? Try my best to get into them the few days we have!

Only other problem now is the Florence/Hot Chip clash, no idea what to do about that...

Got to say I only know 1 Faith No More song but I think it's a cracking booking at such a late stage and considering the circumstances.

Most of festivals would just have bumped up some bands a got a few unknown smaller acts to fit the bill so restores my faith in rock werchter, fair play to them.

So it might be short notice but where to start with Faith No More? Try my best to get into them the few days we have!

Only other problem now is the Florence/Hot Chip clash, no idea what to do about that...

Hot Chip 

Go for the classics. Evidence, Epic, Midlife Crisis, Ashes to Ashes, Last Cup of Sorrow, Easy, Gentle Art Of Making Enemy, Caffeine.. you'll be surprised with the number of songs you actually do know!

I second that getting into part. Any Recommendations?

You lucky lucky people, you gonna see FNM! Saw them for the 4th time few weeks ago in Berlin and as always they blew me away.

If u not familiar, where to start? "Angel dust" is a must. Then "real Thing", "King for a Day" is also a great album. They play a lot songs from new album, so have a listen to it as well. You can find online concert from Hellfest which i think was on saturday. Great stuff

And finally there's no point comparing Florence and FNM. They are 2 different bands, and FNM are much bigger than Flo. I understand that some of u might not know them, they been away for a long while. Enjoy the show ! You'll never gonna forget it

I couldnt be happier. I was at Graspop last weekend and FnM where the best act there imo(Slipknot close second). They are one of my all time favorite and even if I really like Foos, the RW lineup got a lot stronger with FnM!

...and for those of you who wanted Kiss, to say that Pauls voice is gone is an understatment. Saw them at Graspop on friday and in Amsterdam on thursday and Paul was terrible.

Hey folks.

Just to let you know, I have a spare weekend ticket and XL camping ticket for the festival. One of my friends has contracted pneumonia and is in the hospital so flying and camping is out of the question. 

I know some people on the forum have had bad experience with people selling tickets this way, but I'm posting here because it's so last minute. I can either email you the tickets as PDFs or meet you outside the festival. If it's worth anything, I've been posting in the forum for months if that adds anything to my credibility!

Drop me an email and I'm sure we can sort out a deal! It's patrick@smallwordsmusic.co.uk.

Patrick

Anyone coming from Belgium or the Netherlands who would be willing to sell me some green stuff? Don't really want to bring anything over the border from the UK just in case.

Or anyone know of the best way to get hold of some in Brussels or around the festival?

Thanks

Anyone coming from Belgium or the Netherlands who would be willing to sell me some green stuff? Don't really want to bring anything over the border from the UK just in case.

Or anyone know of the best way to get hold of some in Brussels or around the festival?

Thanks

I have the same problem :)

RW change the Thursday timetable again. FNM is playing only an hour and the Chems went back to 1.5hours and starting later. Whats going on?

I think there are a couple of mistakes on the thursday line up.

St. Paul and the broken bones are only playing for 30 mins... surely that can't be right

How do the buses to the festival work tomorrow?

I believe you can get a bus from Leuven train station to the festival grounds tomorrow on the condition that you have a XL camping ticket and I was wondering if showing them my XL ticket is proof enough or if I need something else?

Thanks

Anyone else travelling via Calais ferry/eurotunnel today or tomorrow???  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-33235473you may want to re-think! this could cause major problems for ppl trying to get across. the port is closed until 8pm tonight so will leave a huge backlog of ferries/trains!

Our megabus is leaving London at 21:30 and scheduled to cross around midnight... This looks seriously worrying. Can't get hold of megabus i really hope they are organising an alternative.

Last year the Eurostar broke down so decided to get a coach this time and then the ferry port closes. Great.

Do you know at what time can we arrive to the Hive tomorrow night at last?

We have a camping XL ticket, but we are planning to visit Brussels before going to Werchter.

I don't think there is a curfew. We will be arriving maybe around 4-5 on thursday morning and we expect to check into the Hive straight away.