Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys

can anyone explain that diabolo fee for trains to the airport? festival goers also pay?

another thing, i'm trying to book a train from brussels zuid on thursday, and to chareroi airport on monday, but that bloody thing won't allow me to change it. do the return have to be the same?

thanks

I hope it's not Kiss.. that said I don't even like Blur or The Strokes (blasphemy to some some on here, sorry!)

My ideal resolution would be Florence to headline and someone like Frank Turner stepping in after Rise Against.

Very unlikely though given the delay and some of the comments.

Frank Turner already playing at openair, St. Gallen on Thursday.

Or as you have been 3 times you could just stop being a knob head and answer the question. 

To answer your question, Yes there are a couple supermarkets within walking distance. But seeing as you are a bit of a rude mother fucker you can find out where they are on your own :) 

Knew the rumours of Kiss didnt have any credibility to them.

Faith no more are a decent replacement given the time, but think they should have slotted in under Florence as shes the bigger act. Also not a fan of the fact that if I want to see all of Elbow I'll have to miss a fair chunk of Chemical Brothers too and might miss some of their hits and be far back.

Although I like them, Royal Blood playing two sets when they will most likely play the exact same songs as they only have one album is also an odd one too.

Overall its not a terrible set of bookings, but I just think they are quite odd replacements and surely a better solution may have been available.

Knew the rumours of Kiss didnt have any credibility to them.

Faith no more are a decent replacement given the time, but think they should have slotted in under Florence as shes the bigger act. Also not a fan of the fact that if I want to see all of Elbow I'll have to miss a fair chunk of Chemical Brothers too and might miss some of their hits and be far back.

Although I like them, Royal Blood playing two sets when they will most likely play the exact same songs as they only have one album is also an odd one too.

Overall its not a terrible set of bookings, but I just think they are quite odd replacements and surely a better solution may have been available.

I guess that Faith No More had the upper hand in negotiations because of time pressure, and used that to pull out a headline slot. Furthermore I agree, it would actually have made more sense to push up Florence, and add Triggerfinger + Faith No More in between her and Rise Against. 

But no reason to complain really. Festival is proving her worth by actually getting a headlineworthy rock act rather than going the easy way + FNM at Pukkelpop 2009 was one of the best shows I've seen in my life. 

Edited by Dietediet

I guess that Faith No More had the upper hand in negotiations because of time pressure, and used that to pull out a headline slot. Furthermore I agree, it would actually have made more sense to push up Florence, and add Triggerfinger + Faith No More in between her and Rise Against.

But no reason to complain really. Festival is proving her worth by actually getting a headlineworthy rock act rather than going the easy way + FNM at Pukkelpop 2009 was one of the best shows I've seen in my life.

Every big band that they could have find is a blessing and FNM are great and fit to the crowd that bought ticket to Thursday. The problem is the mess they created with the schedule. Should that extra 20 minutes were given to FNM instead of the Chems, things would have gotten much easier.

All in all, they've done a good job handling the situation!

Oh, I saw them in 2009 too, they were awesome. I didnt heard the new album yet though.

Edited by e2p2

Whilst I agree that FNM are a good booking and I've only heard good things about them as a live act and although some will be glad to see them on the bill, as a replacement for Foo's as a headliner I'm not sure general Werchter audience will think its suffices.

Whilst Foo's are a very mainstream act with lots of big songs that most people are aware of whether fans or not, FNM are more niche and difficult to get into as I'm finding. They rightly deserve their place on the line up but as a headliner? Maybe not, if Werchter had been able to pull off a booking like Kiss or Blur etc as the headliner and had Faith No More elsewhere on the line up further down (with no RB double set) it would have looked stronger and I'm a bit disappointed they havent managed that as I think there may have been a few bigger bands/acts they could have grabbed if they were willing to put more money down.

Edited by Followill

To answer your question, Yes there are a couple supermarkets within walking distance. But seeing as you are a bit of a rude mother fucker you can find out where they are on your own :)

I asked nicely a few pages ago and no one replied. It was in jest, chill out