Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

There won't be a Werchter Boutique this year. They would like to have AC/DC, but there were some problems with the municipality. So AC/DC is playing on the field of Graspop (somewhere else in Belgium).

Paul McCartney was rumour nr. 1 for boutique, but there won't be a Boutique anymore. And according to Zegut he is coming to Europe right after his Firefly gig. So, maybe he'll announce his Europe Tour next monday (tomorrow) and I hope he will play at Rock Werchter.

There is a chance. (fingers crossed)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Strokes headlining Friday would only underline what a horrible day it is.....

I personally think the Friday isn't the worst day in terms of quality. DCFC, Alt-J, Archive, BadBadNotGood, ... are some great acts. The only problem is that it lacks big names, something we'd expect at Werchter.

But I can't see it being The Strokes anyway. They only are sub status at best in Belgium, so it wouldn't exactly solve the 'Friday is lacking a headliner' issue.

I personally think the Friday isn't the worst day in terms of quality. DCFC, Alt-J, Archive, BadBadNotGood, ... are some great acts. The only problem is that it lacks big names, something we'd expect at Werchter.

But I can't see it being The Strokes anyway. They only are sub status at best in Belgium, so it wouldn't exactly solve the 'Friday is lacking a headliner' issue.

For me personally, Friday is very poor, by far the worst day. Only DCFC and OMAM there I'd go and see. And I agree with you about the lack of big names on that day....

There won't be a Werchter Boutique this year. They would like to have AC/DC, but there were some problems with the municipality. So AC/DC is playing on the field of Graspop (somewhere else in Belgium).

Paul McCartney was rumour nr. 1 for boutique, but there won't be a Boutique anymore. And according to Zegut he is coming to Europe right after his Firefly gig. So, maybe he'll announce his Europe Tour next monday (tomorrow) and I hope he will play at Rock Werchter.

There is a chance. (fingers crossed)

Is this official? There was already a date for Werchter Boutique (11 juli 2015).

Supposedly they're announcing a new album + headlining a new US festival.

I really don't believe Werchter was forced to wait until today to announce M&S. With all the big news it would've made more sense to do that simple RW announcement one or two weeks ago.

Edited by Dietediet

Some off-Mumford topic advice.

Me and the mate are flying in and arriving early enough to hit Werchter at lunchtime Wednesday.

Q1). Enough time to get to Werchter, pitch tents, head back to Brussels and pick up some things and back to Werchter? Unsure of how fast the Hive fills up on Wed.

Q2). Any guitar shops in Brussels or Leuven that anyone can recommend to pop in and buy a kit (case/strap/capo/guitar), looking something around the 100 euro range. At the moment, im looking at 'Key Music'. Also, sorry if your adjacent to my tent and have to put up with my endless brit-rock.

Q3). Can you get into the Hive with your own 'carry-out', case of beer etc and is it easy to pick up in Lueven? How much for a Stella afficionado like myself?