Rock Werchter 2015

foolee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is album info/new single. So we might actually get someone else than M&S?

Can't see it being anything to do with M&S, why would they wait 'till Monday to announce anything at RW when they've already announced stuff for Reading and Leeds/Bilbao BBK Live? I think this is gonna be someone no one has got yet. as they're going to be announcing 'festival news'.

Can't see it being anything to do with M&S, why would they wait 'till Monday to announce anything at RW when they've already announced stuff for Reading and Leeds/Bilbao BBK Live? I think this is gonna be someone no one has got yet. as they're going to be announcing 'festival news'.

That was indeed my reasoning for assuming it's not M&S.

I'm guessing either Blur (waiting until ticket sale for BST had started before announcing more dates) or first tour dates for Editors (announced today that their album is in mixing phase).

'Future Islands played Dour last year, so it's safe to assume RW has them this time'

but they haven't been to PP last year and they seem to me as a typical PP-Club closer (as The War On Drugs last year)...

would be a pity to not have them at RW, they are THIS good live. one of the best live bands I have seen. and I've seen many..

Holy crap Archive! Glad to see them on the line up to save Friday for me. What is their popularity like in Belgium? Are they likely to get a high position in a tent?

Also Ellie Goulding just got announced for Live at the Marquee in Ireland the week leading up to Werchter, they usually share a fair few acts so could potentially see her being added again if they're struggling for acts.

I don't think Ellie will be in the line-up, I hope they won't repeat on her.

I love Archive as well, but I don't know if they can save the day with Ben Howard. I hope M&S/Blur will play Friday.

Edited by weird science

I don't know what to think about this announcement. On one hand it contains very small name (I assuming this based on the position they're in on the official site) but on the other hand it contains some nice names like Archive, Fink & The Cat Empire.

Based on Fink page on the site we can assume Jose Gonzalez will not play, too bad..

I believe that they firmly let it be known that there is headliner announcement because Pinkpop tickets sales that start tomorrow and because Pukkelpop should be dropping names soon. hope it will be something good!

Couldn't disagree more, they're incredibly good live.

But their discography is the same song copied 28 times. At least the teaser for Monday suggests there's no banjo nor acoustic guitar on the new single, that's an improvement.

On several Facebook pages I'm seeing a lot of people praying/hoping that M&S are the last headliner, so I guess it'll be generally cheered on. At least it's not Editors for the 684168th time.

Edited by Dietediet