Stage and day splits?

Guest teamcampesinos!

Oh not during the festival, but you can either pay to camp earlier in the week, or get there first thing thursday and spend the day sightseeing, only a few bands in the evening.Some people like to have a walk/drink in the morning before the music starts too xD

of course. thanks. as you were. :)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, no Wye Oak for EOTR according to their Facebook page.

For reasons beyond our control, both professional and personal, we're terribly sad and disappointed that we'll have to cancel our upcoming European dates. Jenn will still be at End Of The Road Festival performing with The Gene Clark No Other Band, and our NYC date in October is still on.

Wow prettier than EOTR. I really can't wait. There are so many bands I want to see. Excited about seeing slint.

John

Yes, I'm hoping they'll blow the top off the Scary Tent, and their announcement meant that Mercury Rev, for whom my interest could only be described as passing, are out of the equation. Mind you, I quite like East India Youth too...!

Ben

Yes, I'm hoping they'll blow the top off the Scary Tent, and their announcement meant that Mercury Rev, for whom my interest could only be described as passing, are out of the equation. Mind you, I quite like East India Youth too...!

Ben

Ben

I feel exactly the same I would have liked to have seen East India Youth. Think I may be missing The War On Drugs also. Really really looking forward to it!

Ben

I feel exactly the same I would have liked to have seen East India Youth. Think I may be missing The War On Drugs also. Really really looking forward to it!

Have seen both EIY and WOD this year; no way am I missing WOD - maybe worth saying that for many they were the best act at Latitude. I don't normally spend loads of time at main stages at festivals, but Saturday on the Mountain Stage looks pretty stellar to me.

Sorry to be a curmudgeon, but isn't this an EOTR forum? There's an awful lot of Green Man talk on here at the moment (isn't there another forum for it?). I can't quite understand the excitement around it... some good bands yes, but also loads of bands who've appeared at EOTR in the past. I'm not saying clear off, but how would you like me to come round your house and call your kids ugly?

Ezra Furman and Horse Thief were both absolute must sees for me from the outset -

Kiran Leonard is in the same early slot this time, so am really hopeful he will get a late slot in the Tipi too.

Finally, a shout for Mazes. been slowly doing their own thing for about three years (they can be - by turns - surly, charming, chaotic and brilliant.

Thanks all for the tips. First time at EOTR for me so getting excited now.

The cd is a useful primer but it is good to hear who is or should be good live.

See you there.

Sorry to be a curmudgeon, but isn't this an EOTR forum? There's an awful lot of Green Man talk on here at the moment (isn't there another forum for it?). I can't quite understand the excitement around it... some good bands yes, but also loads of bands who've appeared at EOTR in the past. I'm not saying clear off, but how would you like me to come round your house and call your kids ugly?

It is an efestivals forum, End of the road decided they saw no value in having a forum here, which is why its not linked to their page. And thats why anyone can post here because its a free world. You can come round and call me ugly if you like!

You could come round and call my kids ugly, Paul. But you'd be silly, because they're all really nice looking.

Seriously, though, whilst I understand your point (and it has some merit), you shouldn't underestimate the number of people who go to both EOTR and GM. It's considerable, and so cross-festival discussion is also legitimate. And the cross-pollination between the two, headliners down to undercard has been going on for years.

And is a little light-hearted rivalry banter really such a big deal?!

Ben

Ha ha! I thought my comment would get a few responses, especially after closing time. I did of course exaggerate to make a point, but I had heard a few dissenting voices saying things like "EOTR has lost the plot... so many repeat artists... Green Man looks so much better". When you look at the quality of this year's EOTR lineup and at how many bands at Green Man have previously played EOTR, these comments just don't stack up. This is my 6th EOTR in 7 years and I'm looking forward to it more than ever. Have a nice time at Green Man.

Ha ha! I thought my comment would get a few responses, especially after closing time. I did of course exaggerate to make a point, but I had heard a few dissenting voices saying things like "EOTR has lost the plot... so many repeat artists... Green Man looks so much better". When you look at the quality of this year's EOTR lineup and at how many bands at Green Man have previously played EOTR, these comments just don't stack up. This is my 6th EOTR in 7 years and I'm looking forward to it more than ever. Have a nice time at Green Man.

I think its fair to say there are a hell of a lot repeat booking at the EOTR. I been to the last 6 EOTR, and the reason I'm not going is the repeat bookings. Don't want to see same bands over and over. I think the green man line up looks a lot better. But I do understand that its a personal thing. I'm sure both weekends will be wonderful.

"EOTR has lost the plot... so many repeat artists... Green Man looks so much better". This is my 6th EOTR in 7 years

Well, for freshness then, Paul, why not check out an act that surely must be a EOTR debutant. He's not very well known in Dorset and is called John Grant. Try him. You might like him!

MWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ben

This forum is always like this in the weeks between the last additions and the stage time announcements. You start to wonder why anybody comes back given the level of complaining that goes on. But they do.

And anyway you can't "go to Green Man", it's sold out. (And this all said - Beirut, who've never been that big in Britain anyway, headlining three years after their last album? Really?)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

Well, for freshness then, Paul, why not check out an act that surely must be a EOTR debutant. He's not very well known in Dorset and is called John Grant. Try him. You might like him!

MWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ben

But I will be watching GOASTT instead (or Flaming Lips if pushed). Saturday at Green Man... Mercury Rev, Neko Case, ahem. Edited by paulwa