• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GIddings Favs or Retweets a lot. He also done the same about Depeche Mode a couple of days ago and I was told a couple of months ago that there was no chance of them doing Glastonbury so I would presume the info is the same for IOW (Neil knows my source on that one).

Although saying all this....... I also think it's Blur. The Solo account on the IOW forums was very sure it would sell very well due to the headliners.

They also took away day tickets that I presumed meant they were focusing people to come for the whole weekend rather than just on the Fleetwood Mac or whoever the 2nd headliner is day! (And they probably need another big one to make this happen)

Edited by sisco

Although saying all this....... I also think it's Blur. The Solo account on the IOW forums was very sure it would sell very well due to the headliners.

I've heard whispers that the last act is bigger than FM, so if that's true it should sell well.

Whether or not that's Blue I don't know. I've heard stuff which should be reliable that it won't be, tho it's quite possible matey has told deliberate porkies to keep it under wraps.

I'm having trouble settling on a name of who it might be instead, but there are plenty of other realistic options.

I've heard whispers that the last act is bigger than FM, so if that's true it should sell well.

Whether or not that's Blue I don't know. I've heard stuff which should be reliable that it won't be, tho it's quite possible matey has told deliberate porkies to keep it under wraps.

I'm having trouble settling on a name of who it might be instead, but there are plenty of other realistic options.

ALL RISE

blue-band-blue-boyband-560084_800_600.jp

The fact both Taylor Swift AND Blur haven't been announced for any other festivals bar BST yet haven't been announced as festival exclusives screams two things to me:

TS for Glasto

Blur for IOW

Taylor is also doing that Radio One Big Weekend thing, but i don't know if that could be considered a proper festival. i think you're right though - but i guess some would debate whether Taylor would be an outright headliner at Glastonbury or somewhere else on the bill. she could easily do either. Blur for IOW though, definitely

The fact both Taylor Swift AND Blur haven't been announced for any other festivals bar BST yet haven't been announced as festival exclusives screams two things to me:

TS for Glasto

Blur for IOW

I still don't buy that Swift is Headlining. I'm still going with Elton, with Swift subbing.

The Strokes is the first time they've called it a 'UK festival exclusive' in the three years and that includes stuff like Black Sabbath, Neil Young, The Libertines and stuff. Doesn't really mean they're otherwise at a UK festival.

Yeah but if they're doing it this year for The Strokes, you'd think they'd do the same for Blur- if they also weren't doing any other festivals, no?

TS for Glasto

Blur for IOW

It may be but I don't see Taylor headlining. Realistically, when Beyonce headed she was an original Coldplay sub and has sold the same amount of tickets as Taylor with ease.