Disillusioned with the idea of IOW now. Was considering going for a while but me and my friend have agreed it isn't worth the trek down there for such a top heavy lineup.

I wouldn't say it's top heavy, it's got quality acts all the way through the line up.

Easily the best festival line up of the summer.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point me in the direction of a better UK line-up this summer?

Very subjective isn't it on what you want but we'll take the undercard as I have very clearly applauded the top lines, all headline acts interest me, Blur I could leave tbh. T for instance, Sunday has The Prodigy, CATB, James Bay, Modest Mouse and Marmozets the same day. Rudimental and Hozier Friday with a lot more to be announced and Saturday I admit bar The Libs is a damp squid! IOW, bar James Bay earlier on Saturday, I see no reason for making the effort to bother until the evening.

Edited by thewayiam

Very subjective isn't it on what you want but we'll take the undercard as I have very clearly applauded the top lines, all headline acts interest me, Blur I could leave tbh. T for instance, Sunday has The Prodigy, CATB, James Bay, Modest Mouse and Marmozets the same day. Rudimental and Hozier Friday with a lot more to be announced and Saturday I admit bar The Libs is a damp squid! IOW, bar James Bay earlier on Saturday, I see no reason for making the effort to bother until the evening.

I'm older than you and the under card which is selling(contemplating selling download tickets) to us. The likes of James, Charlatans, Ash, lightning seeds and not to mention my new fave act first aid kit.

So it's all on personal taste, charlatans and ash playing the big top Sunday night has sealed it.

I'm older than you and the under card which is selling(contemplating selling download tickets) to us. The likes of James, Charlatans, Ash, lightning seeds and not to mention my new fave act first aid kit.

So it's all on personal taste, charlatans and ash playing the big top Sunday night has sealed it.

Well of course yes it's on personal tastes. Download is a crock of shite except for Saturday anyway. I'm so glad I went Slipknot indoors, their day is as bad as I've seen at a festival for a day for me, and Sunday isn't lighting up.

See First Aid Kit don't interest me and I saw The Lightning Seeds at Glasto the other year more to say I had, they've got that one tune haha.

I'm shocked those can seal a fest at that price for you?, then again £180 just for Bjork :P. The thing is The Charlatans who I'd see I guess if I was about and Ash are likely to play Glasto probably and in non clashing positions. I'm very much hoping and I think there is a chance that both Modest Mouse and Band Of Horses turn up at Glasto. I think while the top line might not be great for me, there is a going to be a top undercard.

80c6d772-1e05-425f-a7a9-2320901ec667.jpg

Personally think there is more than enough at T and IOW to justify the prices.

Now V on the other hand...... Christ!!

Also applaud Reading as their day ticket prices are very reasonable IMO.

Indeed, Reading would be a joke to be honest for a day ticket if it hadn't been reduced in price. I'm still needing a bit more to justify it mind.

I can't seem to find a day ticket link for IoW anywhere. Not even anything to tell me that they've sold out. Is it common knowledge that Isle of Wight don't do day tickets or have they just all sold out for this year, very quickly? All seems a bit odd to me.

Edited by DGrant261

• 1 month later...

Woah! First Aid Kit playing 3rd?! 2nd down on main bar James is pretty poor overall. Sunday Big Top is a decent ending. Two Stages, is that all the they have?

James is third down and Charlatans with a bunch of random djs don't exactly scream decent to me.

The bar tents host smaller acts too, The Jellycats is the only name that stick out to me so far but I haven't given it a proper look yet.

Edited by jump

Are there any undiscovered gems on the line up I may not know about? I'm having a hard time getting excited for the line up as it is.

jack-rocks-lineup.jpg

This lineup seems alright. Very 'XFM' style rock bands but I could personally while away some time here. Kid Wave are good and Ian Skelly's new psych project Serpent Power are there also.

Edited by dentalplan