• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

ah yes , macca another live aid 85 possible as is Reg "elton" Dwight whos gigging and likes festivals these days... And The Who... again British acts who are on the circuit currently and were there 13th Jul 85..

The Who are playing Paris on the Sunday, sadly

No one has mentioned Jeff Lynne?? He's widely respected and well connected in USA & UK, has collaborated with/written for loads of icons and ELO are surprisingly not mentioned anywhere on the line up .....

He's been mentioned.

Liane La Havas was on 6music today- she was very cagey when asked when she was next working with the purple one. She is best friends with him, she is at Glastonbury, he comes on as special guest and then does guest spot on Sunday ( as part of CM's supergroup ) or a 3 hour secret slot somewhere unannounced.

I know this thread has gone mad, but as I mentioned last night when the comments come out, it could be that he is talking about 2 headliners to be revealed in that there is another big announcement on the Other stage headliner that isn't yet listed on the poster. This has been the case in recent years.

I know this thread has gone mad, but as I mentioned last night when the comments come out, it could be that he is talking about 2 headliners to be revealed in that there is another big announcement on the Other stage headliner that isn't yet listed on the poster. This has been the case in recent years.

That is a much more likely explanation. People have got ridiculously carried away today, even by this thread's standards.

Hmm, maybe, would fit in with the Other stage looking fairly weak at the moment. It's certainly a more reasonable suggestion than a lot of others on this thread.

I've lost track of this thread but spotted this comment and had wondered the same re: the 2nd headliner being the one for Other.

Can I just ask a question please. Why would Chris Martin want to collaborate with anyone but his band? They seem like a tight unit to me, I haven't read that they have had a falling out, and regardless of whether he's your cup of tea or not, he doesn't seem to be your normal egotistical front man ala Bono or Liam Gallagher. so if he is going to play Glasto surely it's going to be with Coldplay? And perhaps a special guest / friend? Not sure who though. So to sum up - 3rd headliner is Coldplay and possibly special guest(s)

Can I just ask a question please. Why would Chris Martin want to collaborate with anyone but his band? They seem like a tight unit to me, I haven't read that they have had a falling out, and regardless of whether he's your cup of tea or not, he doesn't seem to be your normal egotistical front man ala Bono or Liam Gallagher. so if he is going to play Glasto surely it's going to be with Coldplay? And perhaps a special guest / friend? Not sure who though. So to sum up - 3rd headliner is Coldplay and possibly special guest(s)

Well just that he seems to be getting the bands for the next few Global Citizen Earth Day performances, and it's not a massive leap of imagination to think he might sort out some kind of Climate Awareness event as a Glasto finale or something as he's a 'friend of the festival'.

We've heard that his 'involvement' doesn't extend to playing, it seems he's involved in some other way (negotiations or introductions or similar, I'm guessing)

Well just that he seems to be getting the bands for the next few Global Citizen Earth Day performances, and it's not a massive leap of imagination to think he might sort out some kind of Climate Awareness event as a Glasto finale or something as he's a 'friend of the festival'.

We've heard that his 'involvement' doesn't extend to playing, it seems he's involved in some other way (negotiations or introductions or similar, I'm guessing)

Yep makes sense, but I can't help but think that everyone's imagination is running wild and coming up with some fantastical scenarios, when the actual answer is probably quite straight forward and simple.

I've just seen a trailer for Roger Waters new The Wall tour film coming out in September. Tickets go on sale June 19th. He also has a new version of his Amused To Death about to come out. Gilmour has a tour in the Autumn. Lots going on in the Floyd world.......