• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Silently changing the subject from stone roses

But is the lack of announcement due to the purple one being in discussion with Miss Evis about TV coverage? A bit like Rolling stones??

Could be a factor ;-)

The TV coverage isn't part of the deal, pretty sure the BBC have to negotiate that separately.

Cheers. Certainly interesting. I'm siding with Stone Roses slightly over Prince atm, although it changes fairly often :P

Don't know if i'd bother seeing either, mind.

Yeah cheers for that hope those 3 points consolidate your comfy mid table finish

:beach:

So, I took a proper look at The Roses live videos on Youtube there. I thought they were pretty bad. They sound really flat live and the lead singer has an awful voice, I didn't realise quite how bad he was live. Not much energy on stage, just sort of all bunched up in the middle standing around.

Yes, I'm sure it's brilliant in a field packed with hardcore fans for a comeback gig but lets be real, I'd wager the majority of Glastonbury would know Fools Gold, I wanna be Adored, maybe I am the Resurrection. It'll be another Gorillaz.

They were around before I was born so I can't look at them with rose tinted spectacles, maybe I don't 'get' the whole Madchester thing, but from an impartial musical and performance point of view, they seem shit to me.

Well a friend of a friends brother down the pub says you're all wrong! The Sunday headliner is actually Madonna and the line up will be announced at 2pm on Thursday the 8th April.

Now he had to be right because he was drinking Brothers!

Thursday is the 9th though :s

Edited by Tr234