• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

For reference, the whole Giddings/Glastonbury quote was:

Getting Fleetwood Mac is great, but you can never one-up Glastonbury. Our festival has a rich history with Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, and it fitted Fleetwood Mac’s schedule. They also know Kings of Leon, who recommended they play. We’re very happy they are coming.

Funnily enough, when asked last year just before the festival who he wanted for the future, he said:

I’ve always wanted Blur, Oasis and Fleetwood Mac so I haven’t run out of ideas

He did quite well with his booking this year then! He also has mentioned in the past that he'd love to have Prince, so maybe he thought that Glastonbury were getting him, hence the one-up comment?

Gonna be Taylor Swift isn't it. Every caveat of information points to her - free that day, female act that Emily talked about, got other shows that can stop her being announced, solo performer with a band... The only thing even kind of ruling her out is the fact she'd be doing 4 nights in a row which I can't see being a problem.

Dearly hope it isn't her though!

No information points to her.

Here's an unavailable/unlikely headliners on Sunday thingy, feel free to add to the list!

Muse - Rock Werchter, Belgium

ACDC - Glasgow, Scotland

The Who - Paris, France

Elton John - Leipzig, Germany

Paul McCartney - Roskilde, Denmark European festival exclusive

Ed Sheehan - In America over that weekend, Wembley apparently his only UK shows this year, very unlikely

Fleetwood Mac - IOW Worldwide exclusive, would be three days on the bounce if they broke the exclusivity, not done anywhere else on tour

Taylor Swift - would be four days in a row, not done anywhere else on tour (although I'd very much like her to break this trend!)

Libertines - in Russia the night before, possible, but probably unlikely

The most likely possibilities seem to be Blur (despite saying IOW completed their UK festival plans, they aren't exclusive) or Florence if she's been bumped up since Emily's comments. Although it could be one of the more unlikely options like Prince or Madonna. Even more unlikely are bands that are not actively touring that everyone seems to clamouring over - Stone Roses, Oasis and Radiohead.

So you are saying that Bowie is available... :derisive:

Anyone else seen Madonna's latest antics? Bit gross, no one wants that on the pyramid.

What she did with drake at coachella genuinely made me cringe for her.. I'm embarrassed.

For anyone who doesn't know she just walked on stage and stuck her tongue down his throat.

As much as points to Blur and Fleetwood Mac...! 'Foos are the only rock act' that's something else that indicates T-Swizzle.

It only is if you go twist this stuff to make it so that Swift looks likely.

The 'rock act' thing meant the heavier sort rather than indie rock or soft rock - with her saying that it's 'the rock act' kinda suggests they normally have no more than one. The 'solo performer with band' was a male solo performer with band but I think that's been thrown out. Her shows have sold out and yes she is free that day but the four day thing clearly is a consideration when she doesn't do it elsewhere on tour.

Main thing is that the headliner has shows that are stopping them from being announced. Taylor Swift doesn't.

It only is if you go twist this stuff to make it so that Swift looks likely.

The 'rock act' thing meant the heavier sort rather than indie rock or soft rock - with her saying that it's 'the rock act' kinda suggests they normally have no more than one. The 'solo performer with band' was a male solo performer with band but I think that's been thrown out. Her shows have sold out and yes she is free that day but the four day thing clearly is a consideration when she doesn't do it elsewhere on tour.

Main thing is that the headliner has shows that are stopping them from being announced. Taylor Swift doesn't.

What about BST? I still think she's more likely than Fleetwood Mac and Blur where band members have both ruled themselves out of doing it (Mick Fleetwood and Dave Rowntree). She's the rumour that won't go away, has been for a while and no information at all suggests it won't be her.