Acid_Haze

Why though Neil, they're not an exclusive to IOW and the festival has shared headliners over the years with no problems in regards to announcements, I.E Neil Young 2009.

IoW might have booked them with certain assurances about competing shows that might impact onto IoW sales.

That would be a very normal thing for a promoter to do.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I can't understand how a Glastonbury announcement will affect IoW tickets sales this late in the day. Especially since Blur also have the BST date.

I can't imagine anybody is hanging around waiting to see who Glastonbury announces before deciding whether to go to IoW or not. And if anybody really wanted to watch Blur .. then surely they've had more than enough time to get tickets for either of their already announced shows?

Here's an unavailable/unlikely headliners on Sunday thingy, feel free to add to the list!

Muse - Rock Werchter, Belgium

ACDC - Glasgow, Scotland

The Who - Paris, France

Elton John - Leipzig, Germany

Paul McCartney - Roskilde, Denmark European festival exclusive

Ed Sheehan - In America over that weekend, Wembley apparently his only UK shows this year, very unlikely

Fleetwood Mac - IOW Worldwide exclusive, would be three days on the bounce if they broke the exclusivity, not done anywhere else on tour

Taylor Swift - would be four days in a row, not done anywhere else on tour (although I'd very much like her to break this trend!)

Libertines - in Russia the night before, possible, but probably unlikely

The most likely possibilities seem to be Blur (despite saying IOW completed their UK festival plans, they aren't exclusive) or Florence if she's been bumped up since Emily's comments. Although it could be one of the more unlikely options like Prince or Madonna. Even more unlikely are bands that are not actively touring that everyone seems to clamouring over - Stone Roses, Oasis and Radiohead.

Here's an unavailable/unlikely headliners on Sunday thingy, feel free to add to the list!

Muse - Rock Werchter, Belgium

ACDC - Glasgow, Scotland

The Who - Paris, France

Elton John - Leipzig, Germany

Paul McCartney - Roskilde, Denmark European festival exclusive

Ed Sheehan - In America over that weekend, Wembley apparently his only UK shows this year, very unlikely

Fleetwood Mac - IOW Worldwide exclusive, would be three days on the bounce if they broke the exclusivity, not done anywhere else on tour

Taylor Swift - would be four days in a row, not done anywhere else on tour (although I'd very much like her to break this trend!)

Libertines - in Russia the night before, possible, but probably unlikely

The most likely possibilities seem to be Blur (despite saying IOW completed their UK festival plans, they aren't exclusive) or Florence if she's been bumped up since Emily's comments. Although it could be one of the more unlikely options like Prince or Madonna. Even more unlikely are bands that are not actively touring that everyone seems to clamouring over - Stone Roses, Oasis and Radiohead.

Can this post please be pinned? Great work, Paul :)

As far as i know.

It might NOT be right, as Press said they knew nothing about it.

But i was told Wednesday by someone who should know, and i think it's more likely to be right than wrong.

Haven't you stated before though that it's likely the press just get a knock on the door about 20 mins before?

Would you ever be able to divulge the IOW story you heard sometime back?

It was that Michael Eavis 'gave' Fleetwood Mac to IoW.

That could have been done because another act who Glasto desperately wanted became available, or because FM wanted a fee that Michael wouldn't pay and IoW would, or any other reason.

And it might not be true anyway.

Edited by eFestivals

Because she's utter bollocks mate....enough of the obsession, why do you reckon you are literally the only one here sticking up for her?

I tell you what the only Taylor swift I'd want to see headline would be 'this' Taylor swift

http://youtu.be/ujac8wi39vw

And that's only because when the goat laid a steamer on the stage and headbutted an amp stack it might be mildly more entertaining then the music being played!

And no im not a fan! :P

I prefer this version

Gonna be Taylor Swift isn't it. Every caveat of information points to her - free that day, female act that Emily talked about, got other shows that can stop her being announced, solo performer with a band... The only thing even kind of ruling her out is the fact she'd be doing 4 nights in a row which I can't see being a problem.

Dearly hope it isn't her though!

That could have been done because another act who Glasto desperately wanted became available, or because FM wanted a fee that Michael wouldn't pay and IoW would, or any other reason.

Won't be surprised if it is.. Saw Fleetwood Mac being rumoured so heavily for Glasto, IOW never looked like it was in the picture until they were announced!

Seems legit

Im awaiting a new poster today another incarnation of Rosies for Baggy: "charmlessman69"

Hi, I have been following this thread for weeks, but thought I'd post this. I have heard Blur are doing the sunday night. My mate was working at the BBC and heard it"

Wouldn't be surprised at all