Acid_Haze

I'm sure neil would actively look for info on any headliner no matter if he likes them or not. He doesn't like Prince and has tried to get information on him, you post makes no sense! Emily said flo's not headlining and Neil has said that in the past that emily doesn't like the thought of her being called a liar so there you are

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

She's not.

Well, we both know that, but others have put her as one, in lists, and Emily rates her.... Then again, I've allowed myself to get involved in a Pyramid headliner discussion, instead of just waiting to see who's on all over the site.

I don't want to criticise neil, but lining her up as likely for Bestival was completely his doing - which was later proved not true. He's been very verbal in the fact he doesn't like her, and I'm sure he probably wouldn't actively go looking for florence info to see if she was headlining.

Yes the interview was (and still is) the only time where we've been told she wasn't headlining.

:rolleyes:

Yes, I presumed she was headlining Bestival, off the back of some promoters saying she's headlining something in the UK and there being not a lot left. It still might even prove true, tho i accept it probably won't.

If I worked anything of my job with efestivals on the basis of what i don't like, this would be a very empty-of-content website.

If Emily has chosen to lie to us in the interview, we'll call her out on it. We have a recording of it.

Now FFS, get over yerself.

Yes, I presumed she was headlining Bestival, off the back of some promoters saying she's headlining something in the UK and there being not a lot left. It still might even prove true, tho i accept it probably won't.

If I worked anything of my job with efestivals on the basis of what i don't like, this would be a very empty-of-content website.

If Emily has chosen to lie to us in the interview, we'll call her out on it. We have a recording of it.

...sorry

When I heard the interview I posted straight away about the quote

"She's not going to be headlining, but she could be."

Something is going on and it involves Flo somehow.

I think it's just Emily making the point that she sees Flo as a headliner sometime soon when that all comes together, and it even might have happened this year if things had come together, but that it's not happening this year.

I do have the feeling that perhaps means Flo was booked on the possibility that she might headline but that someone bigger is playing above her.

But even that doesn't tie up with Emily's "I don't know what Florence is doing this year".

im not sure how people can read so much into emily's quotes. she clearly states Florence isn't headlining. The "she could be" part is completely irrelevant but obviously means she just sees her as headliner material.

my opinion is she is not headliner material but thats just my own opinion.

If you go to Glasto for the music alone and would return your ticket based on the lineup (which is always going to include something for every taste anyway) then I think you just don't get it.

Agree with this however until you've actually done a Glastonbury it's hard to get that itn your head. we've managed to get tickets for 5 including the 3 littleuns (aged 17,24 and 28) and whilst they are soo looking forward to it they are struggling to get their heads around the fact that they might not know or like the Pyramid headliner and lets face it to those NOT in the know about Glastonbury and al that it stands for well. the Pryamid is . the Pyramid ... tis the be all and end all .

I was persuaded to go and see Florence at one of her gigs at alley palace a couple of years ago (I think it was just before/after her 2nd album), having not been too fussed either way with her I must say that my opinion changed of her for the better that night.

It might have been the venue, which for some reason I really like, but her sound really hit me as a having festival headliner potential. I still don't clas myself as a fan but she did impress me from a live standpoint and I can certainly understand the feeling towards her - especially as a young British female that is slightly separate from the pop scene. Just my opinion.

I hope you've paid up on that little wager we had regarding Florence headlining Bestival Neil! :P

I refer the gentleman to pages 146 through 213 of this thread.

ok, so I've read some of what she's done and headlined. I'm biased because I don't like her music, but I'd be surprised if she did headline. (But that's stupid of me to mind who's on the pyramid, because there are all the other stages too).

Agree with this however until you've actually done a Glastonbury it's hard to get that itn your head. we've managed to get tickets for 5 including the 3 littleuns (aged 17,24 and 28) and whilst they are soo looking forward to it they are struggling to get their heads around the fact that they might not know or like the Pyramid headliner and lets face it to those NOT in the know about Glastonbury and al that it stands for well. the Pryamid is . the Pyramid ... tis the be all and end all .

That's true.

The students at the college I work at have all basically been taking the piss out of me because Kanye is on. They are all of the opinion that TITP is going to be better than Glasto this year.

I try to explain the festival to them but it is difficult and I find they just can't grasp what it is like.

That's true.

The students at the college I work at have all basically been taking the piss out of me because Kanye is on. They are all of the opinion that TITP is going to be better than Glasto this year.

I try to explain the festival to them but it is difficult and I find they just can't grasp what it is like.

This is a valid point. Everybody at work always asks me about what I think of so and so headling, when i try and explain they glaze over. When I come back from the festival they will always ask about the headliners.

To this forum and a number of regulars it genuinely is more than a music festival. To the general public and a lot of first timers its all about the Pyramid