I went to Glastonbury and I met....

Guest Barefooted_raver

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got interviewed by Danny Wallace for radio 2 in 2009, sitting outside our tent drinking wine in the sunshine, he came over when we sang the bbc radio 2 jingle at him. We had a short interview then had to do a random scroll through my iPod and they would play the track it landed on. Ended up being the Beatles which was a bit of a relief, there's some right old cheeseon there, could have been embarrassing! Lovely fella, coped very well with 5 extremely inebriated over-excited ladies!

saw but didn't approach john peel in '04. i don't regret it.

spoke to steve lamacq in either '04 or '07.

saw zane lowe several times over the years and pretended i didn't. he really looks around for people to recognise him. tosser.

thom yorke in '10. i nodded and wished him a good day as i walked past. no one else around seemed to clock him at all.

call me perverse but i actually want to run into keith allen.

PJ harvey watching the Kills (dancing next to me), Mick Jones walking down from the park - absolutely wasted (lunch time after gorillas had played on the saturday night - i'm sure two girls were helping him) and Chris martin last year.

Never spoke to any of them - though slight regret at PJ harvey as had been to see her that year on her let england shake tour - absolutely top drawer.

Had a good chat to John McClure one year , he is a man of the people.

Bried chat with Bez last year at a deserted Strummerville although he declined my request for a photo as "everyone will want one" even though there was no bugger there in the pissing down rain!

Zoe Ball called me a muppet for asking her what it was like growing up with Bobby Ball.

Simon Day off the fast show

Jessie J when she had a broken foot. Why use 1 note when 27 will do!

I also met a Robert Williams but didn't realise.

my fave was Bill Bailly who was off his face.

I remember when I was first ligging it in the interstage area in the late 90's. Had spent the day getting pissed and chatting to random celebs like the excitable young thing I was. Then later in the evening, John Peel walked through the area, and all these bigs names stopped and stared, nudging each other going 'You go and talk to him', 'No, I'm too nervous, you go and talk to him'. In the end he walked through the entire area alone and unapproached, off into the night through the mud in his wellies.

The man was the celebrities' celebrity. Gutted I didn't have the bottle to go say hello either.

Bernard Butler walked past me back when Suede were playing on the Other Stage (1993 maybe?)

I also saw Ricky Gervais walking around in a white wedding dress a few years ago - the year that those dresses were the 'must have' item....

My personal favourite was Sanjay from eastenders, backstage in 2000, he was clearly there for no other reason than to milk his minor sleb status and try to impress women. There were a number of faces we saw through the evening but none with the barefaced ligging panache of our sanj but when Keith Allen walked through with his entourage he was like royalty, it was a bit surreal, he had people following him in a sort of triangle like migrating geese and was both impressively fucked and totally in control at 5am.

I've seen ME every year I've been and only spoke to him for the first time last year, when he and Emily were wandering around by the glade after PiL. I have to confess I was starstruck and gushed a bit, wish I'd got a picture :)

I'm sure we must all walk past dozens of famous names every year and just not notice.

Saw Keith Allen riding around on a bike one early morning. Spoke to Yannis from Foals straight after his set at the park, he had his hood up so didn't want to he fussed about but was kind enough to have a natter.

Saw Alexa Chung in a bar at Park and Zane Lowe watching Coldplay who had a pic with the Mrs.

Also spotted Tim Lovejoy, Jo Whiley and Steve Lamacq wondering around over the years.

Angus Deyton and Harry Enfield together

Harry Enfield and family again in outdoor circus area

Michael eavis twice

And got backstage at Avalon and watched Steve Harley and cockney rebel who acknowledged us as he exited stage

Edited by drewsstrat