What have you done today to get ready for Glasto?

Guest JoBalls

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just brought brand new camping gear after 5 years in one big hull, (brought a tent just before the summer hit with recomendation off here) Got a new sleeping bag, a new rucksack as I've been using a wheeled suitcase the past 3 years of my festival going (first glasto this year) new head torch and sleeping mat. All in a good days work, alcohol stock up will be done soon.

Been reading and adding posts to this forum and the Questions one, while doing my annual Glastonbury research. Even though I have been going for many years, I still pick up new info, like if you get Hayfever, don't itch your eyes until you've washed your hands as the pollen is on your hands as well as your eyes. And also, apparently vaporub on the nostrils helps calm down the effects of the pollen.

Bought and organised pick up of tent, made 40 bottles of cider (can't see them making it) new sleeping pod, self inflating mat, boots gaiters, lots of bits and bobs, took delivery of 4 wheeled trolley, made 2x skittles vodka, one rhubarb and custard voddy, a blueberry gin. Going to make 40 bottles of red wine too.

Put the trolley together and started to build the Glasto pile of stuff. The rule this year, if we didn't use it last year then we don't need it this year! Also bought a solar shower today .....

.... But have ordered some rinse free shampoo and conditioner from the efestivals shop to trial at home! Has anyone used it, and able to give any feedback on good or bad?

They usually hand out p-mates to use at the sheewee's near pyramid, always donate to the wateraid cause, but handy to have when not in those areas (or if they've run out later at night. Also handy to have a practice with if you're a 'virgin' sheewee user before the festival, you don't wanna get it wrong....

Been reading and adding posts to this forum and the Questions one, while doing my annual Glastonbury research. Even though I have been going for many years, I still pick up new info, like if you get Hayfever, don't itch your eyes until you've washed your hands as the pollen is on your hands as well as your eyes. And also, apparently vaporub on the nostrils helps calm down the effects of the pollen.