Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know a Glastonbury "shower" can absolutely destroy the place in 30 minutes. Its happened most years. One bad shower and we're in for 24 hours of mud. And if rains again within that 24 period, even light rain, its 48 hours of mud.

The fact theres rain forecast at all is horrific news for all of us. Really, really bad. From experience, the weather is always much much worse than the forecast suggests.

See Wednesday morning 2011 for further details. That was forecast as a "shower".

Glastonbury-2011-arrivals-007.jpg

wpid-article-1308737831758-0cad538d00000

Oh just f*ck off will you! I keep falling for it everytime...

How good are those waterlroofing sprays for walking boots? I have one and it has not let me down but never truly been tested. Surely adding a coat of vaseline over the top can only help (and ensure i won't encounter a puddle all weekend)?

Also taking wellies but walking boots (with gators) are infinitely more comfy.

Not changed much since last update

Metoffice UK Outlook for Wednesday 25 Jun 2014 to Friday 4 Jul 2014:

Many places will remain dry on Wednesday with sunshine most likely in the east. Cloudier in the west with some rain arriving later and probably spreading to all but the far southeast during Thursday as high pressure declines. Temperatures around average, but cooler in onshore winds in the east. Thereafter, more changeable conditions are expected, with spells of rain at times which will be most frequent in the northwest. In the rain and breezier conditions in the west, temperatures will be below normal. However, there will still be some fine, dry periods, particularly in the south and southeast, when it will feel warm in any sunshine. Most likely remaining changeable into the following week with occasional rain interspersed with drier spells, driest in the south and southeast of the UK.

Updated: 1216 on Fri 20 Jun 2014

Normally a pessimist but this year I think we're gonna be alright.

yeh same. I just can't see how, at this closer stage to the festival metcheck could release a forecast as saying that there won't be any cloud until Friday and then on Saturday only 0.3mm of rain and then it turns out to be a mudbath. The forecast just seems to be leaning too far towards warm and dry weather for it to turn into a rainy forecast...

...next scene:

dive-into-mud_1928293i.jpg