Weather

matt_berr

Well, i saw some site snaps on here (might have been the panoramic ones) and the grass up on the park hill was yellow. Great indicator of how dry it is I reckon.

It is dry and the grass is indeed going brown. If it rains it will go green. There will be weather next week, probably all day for the entire duration. Please deal with it and stop obsessing with the forecasts. Bring shorts, bring wellies and get on with it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only the Friday evening in 2011 that was rough really, I had as good a time that year as 2010, if not better.

People really are exaggerating that festival's weather - I wouldn't 'take it' right now as I think we're in for a bit better, but we had two mixed days on Weds/Thurs, hell on Friday and warm blue skies Sat/Sun.

It chucked it down on Wednesday morning in 2011, queued in gate c and it was proper hard graft with two kids. A lot of the site was fucked until Saturday evening considering the rain on the Friday as well.

The worry is heavy rain Wednesday and Thursday as people are arriving, it really messes the place up in parts .

It is dry and the grass is indeed going brown. If it rains it will go green. There will be weather next week, probably all day for the entire duration. Please deal with it and stop obsessing with the forecasts. Bring shorts, bring wellies and get on with it.

You win the pint. (Y)

In 2011 I turned up two months after major knee surgery (silly really, couldn't resist it!)...turned up with one of those suitcases on wheels and soon realised I was absolutely fucked..!!

Got drunk the first night at the tent, limped/struggled round in the mud then left swiftly in an ambulance the following morning....NOT a happy year, hence my obsession with weather this time around! Fuck you 2011.

Edited by The Pumpkin King

Latest charts from the models have gone into complete chaos today resulting in it being difficult to forecast the weather even 5 days out. By no means do I think it will be a heatwave or a mudbath but it really could swing anywhere between cool cloudy and showery to wall to wall sunshine at the mo

In 2011 I turned up two months after major knee surgery (silly really, couldn't resist it!)...turned up with one of those suitcases on wheels and soon realised I was absolutely fucked..!!

Got drunk the first night at the tent, limped/struggled round in the mud then left swiftly in an ambulance the following morning....NOT a happy year, hence my obsession with weather this time around! Fuck you 2011.

I hurted myself on the Wednesday :( it made the Friday very difficult so I'm wary. I enjoyed 2011 but nowhere near as much as 2009 because I was simply too hurt/tired to do anything after Friday

Chaos over at Netweather forum, with the latest readings showing, according to one poster:

Once again we are back to no agreement from for the UK at t144 GFS and UKMO couldn't be more different

Im going to be optimistic and say that mans the Sun has extended it's stay over the UK

Im going to be optimistic and say that mans the Sun has extended it's stay over the UK

It means there one of the readings is showing the high pressure slap bang above glastonbury next week, and the other shows a low pressure directly over Glastonbury next week!

Watching the forecasts is one thing - dealing with the crazy stressy stuff on here is another.... it's like a flock of birds all jumping in the air ready for flight at the slightest noise

Watch, read, enjoy, but don't go batshit crazy until it's days away and the forecasts are horrible. As it stands they are not. Chill Winston

Watching the forecasts is one thing - dealing with the crazy stressy stuff on here is another.... it's like a flock of birds all jumping in the air ready for flight at the slightest noise

Watch, read, enjoy, but don't go batshit crazy until it's days away and the forecasts are horrible. As it stands they are not. Chill Winston

It's healthy for people to vent- there's a lot of pre-glastonbury anxiety for me (sorting out work, worrying about packing and travel, weather etc), so I actually like reading peoples freaking out posts, it's a release valve!

It's healthy for people to vent- there's a lot of pre-glastonbury anxiety for me (sorting out work, worrying about packing and travel, weather etc), so I actually like reading peoples freaking out posts, it's a release valve!

Me too.

I don't think anyone in history has ever had their anxiety allayed by being told to chill, even though they should!

That is true, but venting at a few mm spread across the festival means folk are stressed beyond reality's requirements - their poor little tickers getting a beating!

Ha ha! I do like that phrase "stressed beyond reality's requirements"- I might start using it when I'm counselling!

Ha ha! I do like that phrase "stressed beyond reality's requirements"- I might start using it when I'm counselling!

lol hopefully even funnier then for you that that's where it comes from! objectifying and quantifying external pressures/threats... i have a highly anxious new junior and have been digging into the old bag of tricks. still feels invasive, but great watching someone laugh and smile freely for the first time - good on you if you're still doing it, wearing stuff!

waterproof stuff. yeah i'm still on topic. :unsure:

waterproof stuff. yeah i'm still on topic. :unsure:

Plus suncream. It's looking like a mixed bag. But it does look like it will stay warm even if it gets wet. So a canvas hat that protects from both rain and sun. Shorts and/or trousers that can roll up. Wellies if you must - I just wear docs/sandals and go barefoot when the mud reaches a certain state.

That reminds me of a classic Adrian Chiles comment when the friendly against Honduras was delayed. 'I understand you've had weather back home as well'

Yes Adrian we had weather. We have weather every day!!