The National

Zoo Music Girl

Wish they would have announced in advance that they were planning the split setlist across the two nights. I would definitely have made the effort to stay over the two nights and attend both shows. Very jealous of those who managed to get to both! 

Currently trying to combine the two for my ultimate 25 song setlist. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, st dan said:

Wish they would have announced in advance that they were planning the split setlist across the two nights. I would definitely have made the effort to stay over the two nights and attend both shows. Very jealous of those who managed to get to both! 

Currently trying to combine the two for my ultimate 25 song setlist. 

Challenge accepted!! 

Incredibly tough to cut those down to 25 songs, but I would go for (A-Z):

Abel  
About Today
Afraid of Everyone
Bloodbuzz Ohio  
Day I Die  
Don’t Swallow The Cap  
England  
Fake Empire  
Graceless  
Green Gloves  
I Need My Girl    
I Should Live In Salt  
Lemonworld  
Light Years  
Mistaken For Strangers  
Mr November  
Pink Rabbits  
Slow Show  
Smoke Detector  
Sorrow  
Terrible Love  
The Geese of Beverly Road  
The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness  
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks  
Weird Goodbyes

So hard to leave some out, but that is 15 songs from night one, and 10 songs from night two. Can’t belive some people got to see 58 incredible songs performed by an incredible band across two nights!!

• Upvote 1

Just on the way to work, still on a high from last night. 58 songs over 2 nights is just insanity. Crowd seemed a bit more lively than Tuesday. 

The live drawings from last night are going to be auctioned off for charity. Anyone know where? Would love to get my hands on the About Today one. Absolutely cried like a baby halfway through that.

3 hours ago, gingerevans84 said:

Just on the way to work, still on a high from last night. 58 songs over 2 nights is just insanity. Crowd seemed a bit more lively than Tuesday. 

The live drawings from last night are going to be auctioned off for charity. Anyone know where? Would love to get my hands on the About Today one. Absolutely cried like a baby halfway through that.

Really? I managed to photograph quite a few of them on Tuesday - I would like this one - how to find out? Fantastic gig - I think this was my favourite since seeing them 12 times since 2010

IMG_4459.jpeg

I’ve not listened to either album enough to get a proper grasp on what the best and/or worst songs are, although I’m fairly certain like most double albums that it would’ve been a much better single album, and one of my favourite music writers Steven Hyden agrees and has done just that. Thoughts?:

https://uproxx.com/indie/the-national-laugh-track-first-two-pages-of-frankenstein-combined-album/

I went to night one on the Tuesday so was very happy they did Mistaken for Strangers and England, both of which are favourites and neither of which made the set on my first time seeing them in Italy five years back.

I thought "Ah they'll do one or two same songs" but remembered a few weeks back when they did the Cincinnati shows and had no repeating songs so thought maybe they could commit, and bloody hell. Fair play to them for having the memory to do 58 songs in 2 shows. Even if it makes me wish my night had a little more High Violet.

Edited by charlierc

7 hours ago, gingerevans84 said:

I was figuring that they would do prints of the drawings on future merch…

my daughter would certainly love a couple of them

4 hours ago, Yokel Again said:

Were the drawings really live? Weird Goodbyes came up on the screen whilst they were off stage and before they came on for the encore, so was a setlist spoiler. I wasn't convinced...... Not that it really matters of course!

Yes they were at least before the bands came on - we were watching him draw live - he was by the sound desk. Not sure about during the set though as I managed to get an access platform last minute place to sit down ( hadn’t had hip replacement when I booked and waiting for next one! ) 

8 hours ago, sedra said:

Yes they were at least before the bands came on - we were watching him draw live - he was by the sound desk. Not sure about during the set though as I managed to get an access platform last minute place to sit down ( hadn’t had hip replacement when I booked and waiting for next one! ) 

Whenever they were executed it was a genius and classy connection to the songs.. Typical of what they do.

I hope the hip action was and continues to be a success…. (I am awaiting the first knee replacement)

14 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’ve not listened to either album enough to get a proper grasp on what the best and/or worst songs are, although I’m fairly certain like most double albums that it would’ve been a much better single album, and one of my favourite music writers Steven Hyden agrees and has done just that. Thoughts?:

https://uproxx.com/indie/the-national-laugh-track-first-two-pages-of-frankenstein-combined-album/

Disagree on this. 

Laugh Track is up there with their best albums IMO.

There’d be a case for taking the best songs from I Am Easy and Frankenstein to make one album for sure.

Interestingly they made all these songs years ago.

I went to the launch of I Am Easy and they did a Q and A before and said they had enough material for 2 more albums. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, sedra said:

Aah, thanks for clarifying. They were great drawings! Hope the hip was Ok and you enjoyed the gig!

7 hours ago, gingerevans84 said:

Lit It Up played in Amsterdam tonight. Still pulling songs out of the deepest cut book.

Any rumours where they'll play in the Summer? Couple of people at Ally Pally saying Spurs stadium has been booked. Seems too big for me.

They’re not playing stadiums, not a chance.

APE would be my guess.