The National

Zoo Music Girl

I travelled into the office in London yesterday, which gave me ample time to have a proper listen to The first two P's of F..

Like all that has come before it, its a grower that will definitely have favourite tracks changing over time.. I could not tell you a Taylor Swift song because they go in one ear and drift out of the other but I am pretty much obsessed by The Alcott, a really beautiful song. Tropic Morning News and Alien are also up there..

Cant wait to see them at Ally Pally (even if its a pain in the arse to get to/from)  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Has anyone listened to the new album yet?

Yep, and whisper it quietly .. but I would say they might be ‘back’. Really enjoyed it on first listen and back to their best sound after their last two average albums.
As always with them, will need multiple listens to fully connect with it, but it’s certainly grabbed me for the first time since SWB. 

5 hours ago, st dan said:

Yep, and whisper it quietly .. but I would say they might be ‘back’. Really enjoyed it on first listen and back to their best sound after their last two average albums.
As always with them, will need multiple listens to fully connect with it, but it’s certainly grabbed me for the first time since SWB. 

Nothing on here tops Eucalyptus though. And I love this new one. 

34 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Nothing on here tops Eucalyptus though. And I love this new one. 

Aye that’s a cracker.
They could have released a very strong album if they’d have just picked the best 5/6 songs from each of their recent releases. Not a fan of these double albums really. 

Absolutely cracking album. Turn off the house is my fave so far but many others could take that title.

In such quick concession you might think it would hashed together or sound like b-sides but wow, the quality in the production and songwriting. I love it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, st dan said:

Aye that’s a cracker.
They could have released a very strong album if they’d have just picked the best 5/6 songs from each of their recent releases. Not a fan of these double albums really. 

Except this isn't a double album. Reminds me of that year (2019?) when Big Thief dropped 2 cracking albums in the same year. The first one was a bit gentler and accessible (Frankenstein, UFOF), the other one was a bit more raw (Laugh Track, Two Hands).

6 hours ago, JRhys29 said:

Do we think they'll be on the UK / EU festival circuit next year?

They have added a handful (10?) of new US dates after Europe later this year and also announced Australian dates for March 2024... Would love to see them come back and absolutely smash a Glastonbury set..