Lineup 2015

kaosmark2

Ed Sheeran after he sells out the third date at Wembley...? I know, he's probably a headliner in all but the fact he hasn't headlined anything yet, and 'isn't a Reading act' despite having played just when he was breaking through and there being so little respect for that in their line-ups these days anyway...

Highly unlikely but it wouldn't surprise me. Would also help boost the Friday a lot whereas at the moment it looks weaker than the Sunday and especially the Saturday.

well done Zac, you've won a cushion!

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

Before I sign off for the night I'd like to say

1. This has been a real hit & announcement, but the stand out thing for me is how poor the NME headliners look this year
  2. This has been a big step in R&L's progression to being the dance/hip hop dominanted festival it will inevitably become
  3. Friday on the NME remains one of the oddest bits of festival billing I've ever seen
  4. FR/Pit headliners this year are very strong
  5. Finally, I'd like to sincerley appologise to whoever it was I told at about 3pm that American Football had no chance of playing mid NME (CBA scrolling up all the pages to find your name)

Just gunna post in here quickly cus I wanna clear up something that I keep seeing on here when I made a brief comment in the chat a few weeks ago, It seems to have chinese whispered and blown into something that it was not.

It was in response to people moaning about Mumford and I was saying if you think thats bad wait for sub. But it was across the board, I as I did last year think the main stage and Radio 1 is a pile of crap. In 2013 last time I went I thought R1 was a pile of crap and Main stage saturday was too [Reading].

So yeah, line up = crap.

I can't understand main stage bookings at all, its like Friday has a completely different undercard to top 3, Metallica day is kinda ok, although I can't see many Metallica fans buying a ticket and wanting to see the undercard [older generation fans], BMTH have been put there because Live Nation want them to become headliners for Reading and Download and they are being fast tracked to the top much like Arctic Monkeys were put up there in a sub slot after only playing the small tent the year before [in 05] Royal Blood are also being pushed up there and Live Nation will hope to fuck they don't balls up the next album.

They did the same with The Darkness, but as Andy will tell you, The Darkness released their second album at xmas and it sold well but only got to number 11, because its all greatest hits being sold and they fucked up their rep.

Bullet are the other act they've been pinning their hopes on and they fucked up the last album, they were just about to be pushed to headliner at Download and the last album did bad and instead of the second arena tour selling better than the first arena tour, it did worse and now its rebuilding the band back up, they are gunna push next album big, next year Bullet will be getting a huge push to hopefully get them back up there, but you compare them with BMTH and BMTH have now surpassed Bullet, Bullet have never got such a high billing at Reading.

You guys are disappointed with BMTH but you have to give it them, they've worked hard to get there, they've not jumped up the bill they've earned their way up the bill, they deserve the sub slot, they deserve the praise, they've continued to grow, I hated them but I can see how much they've tried to improve, Olly just needs to work on himself as a frontman between songs, cus at DL last year on main they had such a big crowd but he seemed a bit lost, he had the big crowd at Reading 2013, I hope come this year, he's ready, they'll get the push to Download headliner and fair play, we need main stage headliners at our festivals from UK based acts. Biffy, Bullet, BMTH these can do it for many years to come, you may not like them but they've got to come through from somewhere and so many acts from indie sectors get big and fade away like Travis, Ash, Feeder, Idlewild etc they start to get big and then you see them down the bottom of bills, Manics another headliner in past then now wouldn't get close.

Rock acts tend to get big and stay there moreso, and we need to grow the new Sabbaths, AC/DC's etc cus they're gunna be gone, so yeah, Im completely behind BMTH getting the sub push and I hope they take the opportunity.

But in regards to the line up, im saddened that acts like Ash are hidden away on lower stages, these were the BMTH 15 years ago and they slipped up somehow and now look at where they are, when really they were so huge at one point and should be still up there, Id like more of our bands to not be a flash in the pan and continue to be successful, sometimes it seems these festivals and fans just want to push US acts, when I think its important our own acts establish themselves at the top of the bill and stay there.

[Not really a rant but just some thoughts] over.

Said it in the chat earlier but I think the real thing that could kill Bring Me The Horizon is how poor Olly can be live, he's always looked really bad from footage. Admittedly I've never seen them live first hand, on another note Bullet were really really good live when I saw them. They did balls up the last album though.

It's always good to see some encouragement for UK bands to be pushed on up line ups, I don't personally like how FR/Live Nation force bands upon festival line ups

BMTH aren't my idea of a good booking for the festival, they have a big following, but they aren't the most solid of bands, they seem inconsistent live, could potentially be a disaster. I think them "sub-headlining" R/L is far too soon, but they might not be around that long, so the sooner the better I think on the promoters behalf.

They'll be headlining Download next year if this is a success, which leads the way to headline R/L, then disappear into the limelight after Sykes voice falls to pieces

I'd love Drenge to get a push but I fear they stay around the level they're currently at to be honest. There is some great music out there on the heavier side of things. Just needs finding.

Drenge are so good, got tickets to see them in April. Great british band

Literally though I remember just over a year ago when we were all talking about a few very small Royal Blood shows and here they are now selling out tours and playing third mainstage? Amazing

Meteoric rise, I saw them in Oct13 in Glasgow in a bar that holds 200, then in ABC2 on in May14 which only holds 300

This week they played two shows in the barrowlands to 4,500

It's often been said that we need to push some rock bands up the bills at festivals as 'AC/DC, Sabbath and Metallica won't be around forever' but many see to forget that loads of younger bands have got themselves to Headliner status, they're not all in their sixties.

Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon,Slipknot,Muse, Linkin Park and Arctic Monkeys have all got themselves to headliner status in Reading/Download so we don't need to panic ourselves into putting BMTH or Bullet as headliners just yet

Just gunna post in here quickly cus I wanna clear up something that I keep seeing on here when I made a brief comment in the chat a few weeks ago, It seems to have chinese whispered and blown into something that it was not.

It was in response to people moaning about Mumford and I was saying if you think thats bad wait for sub. But it was across the board, I as I did last year think the main stage and Radio 1 is a pile of crap. In 2013 last time I went I thought R1 was a pile of crap and Main stage saturday was too [Reading].

So yeah, line up = crap.

I can't understand main stage bookings at all, its like Friday has a completely different undercard to top 3, Metallica day is kinda ok, although I can't see many Metallica fans buying a ticket and wanting to see the undercard [older generation fans], BMTH have been put there because Live Nation want them to become headliners for Reading and Download and they are being fast tracked to the top much like Arctic Monkeys were put up there in a sub slot after only playing the small tent the year before [in 05] Royal Blood are also being pushed up there and Live Nation will hope to fuck they don't balls up the next album.

They did the same with The Darkness, but as Andy will tell you, The Darkness released their second album at xmas and it sold well but only got to number 11, because its all greatest hits being sold and they fucked up their rep.

Bullet are the other act they've been pinning their hopes on and they fucked up the last album, they were just about to be pushed to headliner at Download and the last album did bad and instead of the second arena tour selling better than the first arena tour, it did worse and now its rebuilding the band back up, they are gunna push next album big, next year Bullet will be getting a huge push to hopefully get them back up there, but you compare them with BMTH and BMTH have now surpassed Bullet, Bullet have never got such a high billing at Reading.

You guys are disappointed with BMTH but you have to give it them, they've worked hard to get there, they've not jumped up the bill they've earned their way up the bill, they deserve the sub slot, they deserve the praise, they've continued to grow, I hated them but I can see how much they've tried to improve, Olly just needs to work on himself as a frontman between songs, cus at DL last year on main they had such a big crowd but he seemed a bit lost, he had the big crowd at Reading 2013, I hope come this year, he's ready, they'll get the push to Download headliner and fair play, we need main stage headliners at our festivals from UK based acts. Biffy, Bullet, BMTH these can do it for many years to come, you may not like them but they've got to come through from somewhere and so many acts from indie sectors get big and fade away like Travis, Ash, Feeder, Idlewild etc they start to get big and then you see them down the bottom of bills, Manics another headliner in past then now wouldn't get close.

Rock acts tend to get big and stay there moreso, and we need to grow the new Sabbaths, AC/DC's etc cus they're gunna be gone, so yeah, Im completely behind BMTH getting the sub push and I hope they take the opportunity.

But in regards to the line up, im saddened that acts like Ash are hidden away on lower stages, these were the BMTH 15 years ago and they slipped up somehow and now look at where they are, when really they were so huge at one point and should be still up there, Id like more of our bands to not be a flash in the pan and continue to be successful, sometimes it seems these festivals and fans just want to push US acts, when I think its important our own acts establish themselves at the top of the bill and stay there.

[Not really a rant but just some thoughts] over.

You make some good points, but you have to bear in mind that Arctic Monkeys were absolutely massive in 2005/2006. Obviously they still are, but I don't recall there being so much hysteria over a new band in my lifetime, as I was too young to witness Oasis, and even The Strokes weren't quite as hyped up. Whereas BMTH are merely fairly successful.

I'd say 3rd is fair enough for Royal Blood. Their album got to number 1, so that's indicative of their size right now.

It's often been said that we need to push some rock bands up the bills at festivals as 'AC/DC, Sabbath and Metallica won't be around forever' but many see to forget that loads of younger bands have got themselves to Headliner status, they're not all in their sixties.

Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon,Slipknot,Muse, Linkin Park and Arctic Monkeys have all got themselves to headliner status in Reading/Download so we don't need to panic ourselves into putting BMTH or Bullet as headliners just yet

bar Muse and Slipknot, the rest of those headliners have already gone a bit stale I'd say. But there's QOTSA, Biffy, Kasabian and Paramore to chuck in from more recent years.