T In The Park 2014

Guest harryomatic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the early birds, there's a batch about Xmas with the first headliner, then more in Feb when the main tickets sale is. I think they'll have to get their shit into a sock and get good headliners booked early next year. They are definitely missing out when other fests have theirs announced early and people start to make plans. The bulk of the line up comes out April time.

It's called a different taste is music. Guess what, they delivered the Phonics (a proper music band which is a bollocks term on here anyway) and they were shit!

No one is debating whether is was a smaller crowd, however slight, it's that it was empty which was clearly not the case, anyone wanting evidence, get on iplayer and see.

I've tried not to push it too much being a one time goer but let's not be saying things are fact with no way of knowing. To say it looks empty is okay. But as that guy said, NME was rammed for Bastille and especially Texas.

I still stand by my thoughts that the line-up was good but thats not my point.

I though the queues for everything were as big as the last 2 years. We queued for ages to go breakfast, quite often the queues at Healthy T were big.

You also have to remember that for the most part of the last 2 years, you could not sit on the grass. At OCS for example, there were loads sitting on the grass all the up to the skull near healthy Ts. People took advantage of the weather to sit about for the more chilled bands. Bands like Imagine Dragons and Travis filled king Tuts. The camp sites looked emptier as we walked in around 11 am on Friday but I suspect they would be pretty much full later on in the day.

Oh dear, people are letting the heat get to them aren't they? I wasn't there and I really don't care if it was rammed or not . The people that were there this year that I would ordinarily be with have shown me their photos, told me their stories and I've watched the coverage. I've made my mind up. I'm sure in the middle of Guetta it felt busy but those going from main to Healthy T and Transmissions at the same time were in a ghost town. That's not normal for T. Normal is busy everywhere. I was told that I could have come on sat night and pitched my tent in blue or yellow with my pals altogether. That is unheard of. Being able to stretch out a bit and not wading through mud to get to you tent makes people happy.If you think it was difficult getting between stages try it when it's ankle deep in sloppy mud the whole way. I'm sure there were the usual bottlenecks, and inexperience of the festival would definitely contribute to this. The shortest route is rarely teh fastest come band change time. If people are suggesting that people were so happy because the line up was so great then okay, whatever, I am clearly the fruitloop.

On Bastille, I watched them and they did impress. As did Hurts. I'll go see them at Leeds if there's no one else on at the time.

Im basing my experiences on the last 3 years. That's all i've been to, I'm not vastly experienced but I can offer my opinion on those 3 years. It was easier to get around becasue you could walk anywhere and didn't have to avoid the bigger puddles(Although at the end last year the whole place was a bigger puddle). Does it really matter anyway? I went, I enjoyed it. You didn't go, you feel justified in doing that!

Crowds were definitely down by a good bit, obviously they were because it wasn't a sell out but probably by a good 5 - 10k IMO.

Taking Saturday for example, Beady Eye with probably the worst attended headliner se in the festivals history(for one of the big two stages anyway) Tuts was about a third full for Alt J with Rhianna not as busy as the Killers was on Sunday. In days gone buy all three would have been busy regardless of the band that was on.

The line up has obviously had an effect on the ticket sales and rightly so, I also fear for next years line up with the crowds the more credible artists attracted being poor and the likes of Calvin Harris and Guetta getting two of the biggest crowds of the weekend.

Was there but only on Sunday. No-one should believe the reported 85,000 crowd. I would go with 50,000 tops.

Had a great day. The weather was brilliant and there was more than enough to keep me occupied. OCS always deliver. Enjoyed Jonny Marr but the 75% empty Tuts was a bit embarrassing. Frank Turner ( who I had never seen before ) is a great festival act. Chvrches were good. The Sterephonics looked as if they couldn`t be arsed and the Killers nailed it.

Watching back on tv you can see why the BBC are world leaders at covering music festivals. The low angled camera shot from the stage back through the crowd makes it look as if it goes on for miles. When you watch the camera shots from the sound booth thing you notice that people are easily strolling through the crowds. We were to the right of the sound booth for the Killers and there was loads of room round about us. The high long range shot never goes further back from where we were standing......cause there was no one there. The devil fella may not have been there but he is right on the crowd size.

Thought Arcadia was a good addition although next year they need to secure the big spider thing that was at Glastonbury. Also impressed with the late night ( free ) shuttle bus into Kinross. Very well organised.

I thought the crowd were generally speaking good natured and alot younger than me. They really need to start putting messages up saying your out if you throw cans / bottles etc and acting on it. Feckin stupid carry on.

My main moan would be the feckin racket off the log flume, waltzer things in the arena. Get the toys into another field if you must have them or atleast turn their very loud music off. The sound bleed is horrendous and we had to move more than once because of it - fortunately there was plenty of room !. At one point Chvrches in the Transmission tent were being drowned out by some mad upside down twirly thing ????

Edit to add : My views on the 2013 T shouldn`t really be in the 2014 thread. I blame the cider.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910