T In The Park 2014

Guest harryomatic

Thursday.

Arrived at the gates about 6.30pm. Unnecessary amount of fences it seemed, even worse when you're having to carry a few extra tents for mates. Not enough camping areas opened up either, ended up so cramped but we managed to find and okay spot up in Red 2 by Welly Bobs. Surprised the lanyard + programme went down to £15.

Oliver Heldens was absolutely brilliant. Best DJ I saw all weekend. Packed the tent completely out, should have been in the Slam Tent.

DJs in the Slam Tent later on were really good too.

Friday.

HAIM were the band I was looking forward to most and they didn't disappoint. So much energy, sound awesome live, Alana is babe, Danielle is insane on guitar and Este is a nutter. Love the live cover of Oh Well.

Saint Raymond - stumbled across them as I lost all my friends and was a bit worse for wear and went for a lie down in the shade in the Introducing stage. He was really, really good. Knew a couple of songs from Zane Lowe playing though but downloaded a few more when I got home, enjoyed him a lot.

Ed Sheeran - favourite act of the whole weekend. Incredibly talented guy and works the crowd so well. New album sounds great live and sing-a-longs for the older material was brilliant too.

Alesso - Caught the last 15 minutes of his set, pretty standard EDM set with the pyro etc. Got bored waiting on Steve Angello so left. Popped into Pixies on the way back to my tent but didn't know any of their songs so just left.

Saturday.

Duke Dumont - couldn't believe how busy the tent was at that time. Fortunately for us, someone managed to open one of the barriers down the side and we sneaked under the tent. Really good set, can't wait to see him in Ibiza in a few weeks.

Skream - about the 5th time I've seen him now and like the new direction he's going in with his sets. Always good for a dance but would have prefered to see him or Duke Dumont headline.

Twin Atlantic - not such a fan of their new stuff but it sounded much better live than on record. Especially Heart & Soul, surprised they closed with that though, must be really pushing the new album. Always good for a sing-a-long.

John Newman - really enjoyed him. Watched his set at Glastonbury and couldn't stop watching him and his crazy dance moves but he really gets into it. His band/backing singers sounded great too.

Rudimental - garbage. So boring, left after 20 minutes.

The 1975 - two of my mates wanted to see them and there wasn't anyone I wanted to see at the same time so went along. Surprise set of the weekend for me, couldn't believe how good they were. Lead singer is a great front man and forgot how many of their songs I actually knew. Probably my 3rd favourite act.

Paolo Nutini - what a man. Such a man crush on him, new material is brilliant. Love the new arrangements of Pencil Full of Lead, New Shoes etc. Finishing with Last Request was the perfect ending and Iron Sky is just a masterpiece. Close 2nd behind Ed Sheeran.

Calvin Harris - meh. Ended up there due to no other viable options. Could call his fireworks before they came on and he played at least three Showtek songs. Will Smith thing was pretty cool but surely he missed a trick by not playing a song of his, no?

Sunday.

Sam Smith - what a talented guy. Probably the biggest crowd I saw of the weekend and his voice carries all the way to the back of it. Not ashamed to say I had a wee tear during Stay With Me ha!

CHRVCHES - was looking forward to London Grammar but thought they were a decent replacement. Crowd was incredibly empty though, was good to have a wee sit down pretty close and watch them.

Above & Beyond - Good set but such a stupid place to have them. Definitely tent music, Thing Called Love and Walter White were brilliant.

Jake Bugg - shite. Mate wanted to see him so popped along for half an hour. Full of neds fighting occumpanied with shitey music.

Franz Ferdinand - EPIC. Leaving Jake Bugg for them was the decision of the weekend for me. Crowd was so loud too, Take Me Out was insane.

Disclosure - perfect way to finish the weekend. Huge of them and they seem to be getting better with every live show. Aluna is gorgeous and finishing with Latch then the fireworks was perfect.

Most relaxed security I've ever seen, so easy to sneak drink into the arena and searches coming in were over in seconds. Weather was superb and everyone seemed in good spirits. Major festival blues now.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there was more Police officers around but less stewards this year, around the arenas anyway and especially at the ASN viewing platforms.

I only paid £10? They have remained at £10 for about the past 5 years which is surprising.

This was our 11th T in a row and the first time I have been asked if I had any hairspray or deodorant I my bag. :nyam:

:music:

They used to have a board with the set times on or a stand/banner but I didn't see one at all this year. It was a pain that the times were so messed up down at the Radio 1 stage early on the Sunday due to someone dropping out. Rev & The Makers came on much later than scheduled.

:music: