T In The Park 2014

Guest harryomatic

On previous mentions Stereophonics were not shit, not shit at all in fact they were technically awesome as usual but yes their setlist could have been better suited for a festival with a lot less of their newer stuff same goes for the Fratellis, technically really good, setlist very poor

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah i though the phonics added jack anyway, but travis were awesome, great decision to get there early enough, people i know didn't get in.

but on a side note, werchter was probably the best overall even if kol were terrible, but for rammstein and green day i'd have been there purely to be there, defo for ramm

As much as KoL's last two albums have been awful, the first two and a bit were excellent.

If they can return to the form of the first couple of records there is hope for them. They are in a completely different league from Mumford and Sons.

I first saw KoL playing lower down the NME stage at T before their first album got released.

As much as KoL's last two albums have been awful, the first two and a bit were excellent.

If they can return to the form of the first couple of records there is hope for them. They are in a completely different league from Mumford and Sons.

I first saw KoL playing lower down the NME stage at T before their first album got released.

Lets be honest on this one, The radio one weekends are not real festivals, and shouldnt be used as a comparison to others.

As much as I find Beady Eyes lack of success hilarious, I'd take a guess Nick Cave probably had a smaller crowd when he played against KOL a few years back.

With regards to next year, Geoff has already stated there should be more guitar based acts around next year, cant see likes of Calvin Harris/Guetta back for another two years atleast at their current rate

It is, along with the other new stuff they have played live, got a real 'early-stuff' vibe about them, It might take a hit on their newer fans but I'm quietly confident on their new album, will be happy if it does the job of the first three albums, were probably one of my favourite bands at that point

It is, along with the other new stuff they have played live, got a real 'early-stuff' vibe about them, It might take a hit on their newer fans but I'm quietly confident on their new album, will be happy if it does the job of the first three albums, were probably one of my favourite bands at that point

I probably should have quoted that one rather than your previous haha, I really want to enjoy them again saying that. Think their Because of the times tour set was one of the best I've seen, which is something considering it was in the SECC, funny how an album can change things.

With regards to Calvin Harris, I dont doubt that he'll be back, he's T's golden boy, but you can only have an act play every year to a certain point surely. Think he'll headline Rockness on his next album (seemingly stated to be alot less chart friendly) and then come back to be the resident Radio1 dance headliner when they need one

possibly, to be fair there is easily a chance of Guetta, The Prodigy and Avicii being the 3 next year on Radio 1 as anyone. RockNess would do well to grab The Chem Bro's off of them but of course that is another act for T. I reckon if T could book them, The Prodigy and Guetta they'd done well. You expect some shitty dance header but I'd actually expect Avicii over Guetta, We spoke to some people who had actually bought tickets to that Avicii and Tinie gig.

Think Chemical Bros will play T before they play Rockness again, though there will only be a year difference in that. Don't expect, and partly hope that Guetta isnt there again next year, three years in the same spot is too much, Prodigy (if they dont headline RN) and Avicii could be a considerment I guess.

yeah i actually think calvin has more chance than guetta next year. i think the prodigy are a big shout. people will go mad for avicii but it's whether or not rockness is more suited to his size? if it even happens. T have the dates and can start booking asap whereas RockNess have dates but not confirmed it yet.

If Avicii and say Prodigy or Chemical Bros are there next year I'd rule out Harris and Guetta alltogether really, its kinda like people saying Vaccines for fests next year, theres going to be alteast one summer when a frequent act doesnt play, again. Third Radio 1 act being a band thats better than Beady Eye, not hard I know.

i reckon they might refrain from the rock act on radio 1 next year, the last time the fest flew out it had 3 dance radio 1 headers and the craze has only gotten more so.

the vaccines are a bit i dunno, i liked them now bored of them. there is too much shit like this and not enough good stuff about.

If they are going to bring back rock bands next year, then at least one NME headliner slot should be allocated for the likes of QOTSA to have a proper alternative to a pop headliner.

On the Vaccines front, I've never really found them particularly good. Everything they do I've heard done better by older bands.

I agree about QOTSA and I'm not sure how likely they are to get a sub spot but if they played Radio1 , would they really get that big of a crowd? As much as I thought it was much different to V it obvs still has a lot of the same bookings and I kinda think would QOTSA be a big one at V or would they just be another like NIN with a poor crowd?

I agree with The Vaccines, now I've got over the cheesy and jumpy side of the debut album, there is nothing there. Just the next indie band to come on the scene.

Edited by Chiefski

Think if QOTSA were up against Gaga and you had say Biffy and Arctic Monkeys as the other headliners you would see alot of their fans go to them, and as the upcoming tour showed they do have the fanbase. I think they've been around for a good time that they've got a decent crossover appeal, would be a similar case to when they played Glasto opposite Beyonce, perfect opposites if you will.

Don't mind The Vaccines myself, loved the first album like a lot of folk but even they seem bored of themselves going by the last few bits of coverage I've seen of them, no where near the size of alot of the bigger guitar acts of the 04-07 period

If TCGE has learnt anything this year it will be that you can't just throw a random one off band in there and expect it to sell tickets. Kraftwerk was an embarrassing failure. If he wants rock fans back then there will have to be a headliner, and a few strong bands in the under card to attract them for the whole weekend. If he does that then the likes of QOTSA on 2nd would attract a very big crowd.

If the shortfall this year was in the estimated 10-30k then that would easily pay for a strong headliner and other acts on top of what was there this year. It's all about the line up, build it and they will come.