Guest thewayiam

Maybe not their final show but I'd say IOW is a bloody good bet after the news today, and if it happens, it'll be in many people's minds that R&L is coming next. I don't think Glasto will go back for them. Their headline set in 09 went down as a history set I think and they'll probably view it too soon, Glasto doesn't do repeats. It took 6 years for Muse to go back, 6 years now for Arctics.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Day, Arcade Fire and Blur I'll go for then.

I dont think they'll get Depeche Mode in effectively a sub slot. I don't think they'll get Daft Punk. I did think they'd get Arctic Monkeys and Aerosmith, but Giddings has now ruled out Arctic Monkeys and said they won't book acts with big London shows, and I expect Aerosmith to do one of those.

I would imagine having depeche mode(theres a clue why they dont plat fests in the uk) and arcade fire is to much of a risk in these hard times for festivals.

Like the cure, would the average depeche fan spend nearly a hundred quid on a day ticket?

Just my opinion though.

It would, Guetta, Green Day and Blur is my opinion. I think as many have said DM are ideal for Bestival and I think they've more chance and he said last year he tried but unfortunately not - Guetta was SR last year, I thought he was going to play to be honest and Blur I did thin if they had new material it'd be R&L stick on but after all this recently I actually think IOW is very likely, not ruling it out but as many have said Arctics, Blur and QOTSA would seems too strong let alone Arctics, Blur and someone even bigger

If IOW did have Depeche Mode, Arcade Fire and Blur I'd be tempted, but the undercard at IOW always seems poor to me, so I doubt there'd be enough to convince me. I do, however, think Depeche Mode and Arcade Fire could both headline, especially with the other one being Blur. Are they any less mainstream a pairing than Tom Petty and Pearl Jam?

My ideal situation would be for Bestival to get Arcade Fire, Depeche Mode and Daft Punk. That would be way too strong though, so maybe drop Depeche Mode for a cheap headliner (The National?) as I'm seeing them already this year.

Apologies for the off topic/rubbish that no one cares about. :)

If IOW did have Depeche Mode, Arcade Fire and Blur I'd be tempted, but the undercard at IOW always seems poor to me, so I doubt there'd be enough to convince me. I do, however, think Depeche Mode and Arcade Fire could both headline, especially with the other one being Blur. Are they any less mainstream a pairing than Tom Petty and Pearl Jam?

My ideal situation would be for Bestival to get Arcade Fire, Depeche Mode and Daft Punk. That would be way too strong though, so maybe drop Depeche Mode for a cheap headliner (The National?) as I'm seeing them already this year.