Guest thewayiam

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually thinking with the latest tour info and availability for Depeche Mode with them not being around in June and all that Bestival get them for September after failing last year.

It'd be a decent booking for Bestival and if it's right about their touring the perfect chance for them to get them. I don't think it'll be Arcade Fire, though I've nothing to back that up, I do think Bestival may get them 1st maybe due to the kids and then a dance act in The Prodigy/C&S - the former being the most obvious choice but it might be the latter due to money.

Is that too far leftfield for Bestival?

That list did make me question Blur?, maybe it's supposed to but if they became available and R&L were pushing for Mumford, maybe they think let V have them if we can secure Blur. They could then easily justify a smaller headliner.

But the info isn't just that Depeche Mode aren't available in June, it's that they'll have finished touring the album by June. If you believe that info, they won't be doing shows in September.

Arcade Fire and The Prodigy/Chase and Status too leftfield for Bestival? Not at all. A huge band that could headline bigger festivals, and pretty much one of the biggest dance acts available.

Blur not being on there could mean anything. Could already be booked. Could be that they want them no matter what the survey results say. I don't think it means anything really.

• 4 weeks later...

Mumfords are supposedly on "hiatus" for the time being.

I could see that dream set happening. After Giddings supposedly saying he was after Blur, Depeche Mode and Green Day, followed by Green Day saying R&L would be their last shows in a while, a set of Blur, Depeche Mode and A.N. Other would probably be what he's after. Kings of Leon seems an easy booking, as there's no other English festivals likely to be after them (assuming R&L are after Arctic Monkeys).

At the moment I'd guess at three out of Blur, Depeche Mode, Kings of Leon, Biffy Clyro, Arcade Fire.