The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

1 hour ago, IFinallyGotATicket said:

Pudding tummies dint work well with these chairs they sink pretty easy, the floor needs to be solid , if not you will be sat on the floor with all chair legs sunk 

Scurrilous talk. 

It'll be fine on the lovely dry ground 😉

Last year I was conscious of my aluminium water bottle wanging around like a robotic shlong on a carabineer and annoying other punters when I was bouncing to Amyl/Yard/Sports etc. 

Are there any recommendations to keeping 1or2 Ltrs secure in the mosh pit?

1 minute ago, 2019 said:

Last year I was conscious of my aluminium water bottle wanging around like a robotic shlong on a carabineer and annoying other punters when I was bouncing to Amyl/Yard/Sports etc. 

One of those liquid backpack things?

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/browse/c0-accessories/c1-bags/c2-hydration-packs/_/N-12rqh0n

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

absolute pain to wash and keep clean .... 

I did look at those, but I was also thinking that sometimes I share my juice, and it can feel a bit icky sharing a mouth tube.

14 minutes ago, 2019 said:

Neoprene water bottle sleeve?

21 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

absolute pain to wash and keep clean .... 

Ah i bet. wouldn't get one myself to be honest don't want to wear a backpack all day really

1 hour ago, 2019 said:

One of those runner's waistband things that holds a couple of smaller bottles?

3 minutes ago, curiouscat said:

https://www.trespass.com/serene-inflatable-camping-mat#color_code=Navy

This any good? Got a 20% off voucher as a first time customer also 

I also have one of those silver sided mats to put under it to try keep the coldness off

Thats the one i have! Its very decent. I've previously used yer standard inflatable mattress and this is laughably superior to that. Though i tend to lay it down, put a folded duvet on it, and then sleep in a sleeping bag on top so its extra comfy. YMMV dependant on transport options! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, coma girl said:

One of those runner's waistband things that holds a couple of smaller bottles?

Thanks, I'm thinking that's the way to go too. I'll nose around Decathlon tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Thats the one i have! Its very decent. I've previously used yer standard inflatable mattress and this is laughably superior to that. Though i tend to lay it down, put a folded duvet on it, and then sleep in a sleeping bag on top so its extra comfy. YMMV dependant on transport options! 

Amazing, thank you!! 

I'm volunteering with Oxfam, so it depends how far the field is from the car park. I was thinking possibly a blanket or something on top, then I've got a sleeping pod sleeping bag as I find normal ones a bit too restrictive! 🤣

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, curiouscat said:

Amazing, thank you!! 

I'm volunteering with Oxfam, so it depends how far the field is from the car park. I was thinking possibly a blanket or something on top, then I've got a sleeping pod sleeping bag as I find normal ones a bit too restrictive! 🤣

ah, me too! - the car park is right next door to the oxfield, which is precisely why bringing proper pillows, duvets and everything is so easy! I like to make a proper sleeping area as comfy as possible, so the sleep i do get is extra good quality. I dont subscribe to that proviso of sleeping being cheating- not for me, no bloody way 😄

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2023 at 2:21 PM, clarkete said:

I've seen lots of those lightweight folding chairs. Those I've seen recommended tended to be more elaborate, larger and more expensive than I wanted for something with such occasional use - I don't go camping any other time. 

This is about half the price of others I looked at, gets good reviews and is still light, quick to erect (ph'narr), has a small footprint (to not offend other attendees) and strong enough to support my average height and pudding tummy. 

https://amzn.eu/d/hZUp8dj

71N6haDOMLS.jpg

Yep I have that one, plus the high back version, which IMHO is even better. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, curiouscat said:

After a new powerbank

This one any good for the price? 

Deal of the day: Anker Power Bank, 325 Portable Charger (PowerCore Essential 20K) 20000mAh Battery Pack with High-Speed PowerIQ Technology and USB-C (Input Only) for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, and More https://amzn.eu/d/eFQrUEF

I just got this one last week! can't comment on it long term but I tested it out and I got about 5 days charge on my iPhone 11. so more than enough with minimal festival use

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, curiouscat said:

After a new powerbank

Deal of the day: Anker Power Bank, 325 Portable Charger (PowerCore Essential 20K) 20000mAh Battery Pack with High-Speed PowerIQ Technology and USB-C (Input Only) for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, and More https://amzn.eu/d/eFQrUEF

Anker do good stuff, so that will be a decent purchase.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, svphie said:

I just got this one last week! can't comment on it long term but I tested it out and I got about 5 days charge on my iPhone 11. so more than enough with minimal festival use

5 days is good! Sounds good as a backup for my smaller powerbank then! 

19 minutes ago, curiouscat said:

After a new powerbank

How important is the wattage on these, e.g. 18W vs 22.5W, will that be how quickly it charges your phone?  And my understanding is that the mAh is how much it's able to charge your phone, anything over 20k should last a few charges.  Then there's the weight - ordinarily I like it to feel chunky, but actually if I'm carrying it around all day!  Could play top trumps with these things...