Hip-Hop

Sketchead

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drake is awful and I don't think Lil Wayne is even allowed in this country.

I think your right i'm pretty sure i heard somewhere that he isn't allowed in this country. The same goes with Chris Brown the last time he was meant to tour he had to cancel it because he wasn't allowed in.

I think your right i'm pretty sure i heard somewhere that he isn't allowed in this country. The same goes with Chris Brown the last time he was meant to tour he had to cancel it because he wasn't allowed in.

why were they prevented from coming to the UK? unless there's a new law where we can ban people simply for being absolute spunkbubbles.

(if there is such a law, i most heartily approve.)

Edited by fatyeti24

why were they prevented from coming to the UK? unless there's a new law where we can ban people simply for being absolute spunkbubbles.

Chris Brown was because of him beating Rhianna i'm sure not 100% and Lil Wayne was because previous convictions to do with guns. I'm not entirely sure on both but that may be it i'll look it up.

"According to Stereoboard.com, UK border officials rejected Weezy's application, taking into consideration his recent spell in the slammer for weapons possession."

Lil Wayne

"The US star, who was sentenced to six months community labour for assaulting then-girlfriend Rihanna last February, was due to kick off his tour in Glasgow on Wednesday night."

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/829945-singer-chris-brown-denied-uk-visa#ixzz2D91UohUM

That one is Chris Brown obviously.

Would make sense I guess...I say that for Jay Z, he seems to have "got it" and genuinely like the festival since his headline set. *

*Or maybe for the cynical amongst us, the marketing he can generate from it tongue.png

Probably a bit too soon to Jay-Z to be officially on the bill again. Kanye headline set with guest appearances from the usual (Jay-Z, Rihanna, maybe even Beyonce) would be good.

Edited by Sketchead

I remember '10, one of the dance stages was basically taken over by uk rap.

It was basically everyone from Boy Better Know all day long. Saw Skepta do a decent mid-day set whilst avoiding the sun.

Foreign Beggars, Skuff & Inja etc can all be found down in the naughty corner in the evenings.

I'd much prefer Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre to Kanye and Jay-Z think I've mentioned it before but can't remember exactly. Loved watching their Coachella performance it didn't need the Tupac Hologram or Eminem miming his most important verses in Forgot about Dre.

Really hoping Public Enemy play been listening to them for a while since the idea came around that they could play and they are really good. Plus Flavor Flav what a guy.

I'd love a Jay-Z & Kanye headlining set, I saw Jay-Z in Manchester in 2008 just after he'd done Glastonbury and Kanye popped up out of no where and I've never saw a crowd go so fucking mental. The chemistry they've got on stage is quality they bounce off each other like no other hip-hop act I've ever seen:

Edited by Mr. Cowbell

there is/was a guy who used to post on here called blackcockerel who said once he would go along and boo any hip hop act that played as it wasnt the time or place?

WTF!

Never understood this mentality, why not just find something to enjoy? Or maybe they just really enjoy being a dick and spoiling others enjoyment.

Spunkbubbles sarcastic.gif

BET Hip Hop Video award 2012. Did someone say Drake is not Hip Hop? Planet? On?

Been getting into the latest El-P album lately. Really good. He's playing ATP in May, would be good if he could do something at Glastonbury, but not sure how he would fare in the bright sunshine mid afternoon. This is dark stuff.