Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

I wonder if the move out of London has hurt it...

Quite possibly.

Anyway, for me the series started off really weak but got better as it went along. What would we do without it. Guy can have Kerrang or something :)

I don't see the point in only looking out for your favourite artists in the show when it's designed to showcase a range of genres and different sized acts. Might as well just watch live performances on YouTube. Rock performances are crap on the show 9 times out of 10 anyway. Dunno if it's the sound or the studio or what but acts I listen to are always underwhelming and overshadowed by some act I've never heard of.

Quite possibly.

Anyway, for me the series started off really weak but got better as it went along. What would we do without it. Guy can have Kerrang or something :)

lol come on old son its been dire the last 3/4 weeks some of these new bands are shite ..still on the bright side if they turn up on the glasto bill ill know who not to see

• Upvote 1

I agree with the opinion that this series has been poor. TBH i usually record the Friday show then rattle through it ,I listen to about a minute of each track normally unless the artist dosen't interest me at all then skip their others. The last two episodes didn't do much for me, enjoyed the Tune Yards, strangely intriguing, thought the War on Drugs were good although i don't get the reverb bit on the vocal, to me they are best ala their radio performance in the US. I like Seinabo Sey, who has something to offer, skipped through Ferry and Plant who just don't interest me these days. Percy with Zep, great, otherwise i'm not interested. The rest were just filler.

• 4 months later...