Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

That bv guy on the IIRC forum said Hyde Park would be the only European shows, didn't he? (not to say he's definitely right, obv).

If these shows are the last ones they do, do you think Mick & co will realise the fact a glasto headline will potentially introduce their music to a whole new generation, thus giving them bundles of royalties? How far would that go to making up any shortfall on what they'd usually make for one gig?

When you look at the charts now lots of bands that have played Festivals will reenter the charts,but as the amount of albums you need to sell to get in the top 10 has dropped over the past 10-20 years,it may look like they have done well off the back of a televised performance,but in reality not.

trouble is, the whole new generation don't pay for music!

I was thinking the same thing.

Charlie doesn't want to do it (Glasto), but the other 3 do

according to him

That seems quite a strange response ?

I wonder if Ringo is free on Saturday 29th of June.

it didn't back-fire, it's just the sad truth that most people don't care. I thought their performance, with the news of their Sun City shows, was as cynical a career move as you could imagine.

a bit like The Stones using the Sandy benefit to promote their upcoming pay per view

Sorry i worded it wrong,i was meaning the bad publicity backfired on the press as in reality a lot of people didn't care.