Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

I'm always suspicous of sites that "hear" something. They usually strangely have very similar information to what's on this site and often don't name a source.

I guarantee that if eFestivals listed the stones as a TBC, all the stories would suddenly change to "the stones are definitely playing".

Did no one notice that exactly that happened around the Arctic Monkeys? :lol:

(and much the same with other bands in other years too).

If you change Patti Smith to TBC for a headliner, then all the papers will see it and print it, then Patti Smith herself will read it and think "Ah, must be headlining Glastonbury then" and turn up on Sunday, kick Mumford off the stage and play a blinder.

not as TBCs, but I've done some stuff as rumours and strong rumours before, to see who copies them.

And thanks for that post, I might spend a further day working for efests as a result. :D

haha, no problem..i was more thinking fake bands..'monkey mushroom to play 4th down on pyramid' etc

FFS I really think Neil is starting to lose it. First of all he has his split personality of eFestivals and Mike99 but then he makes the audacious move to make the highly unbelievable account of neil999. We all see straight through you Neil!

this will all be resolved in an announcement tonight...

Edited by neil999

haha, no problem..i was more thinking fake bands..'monkey mushroom to play 4th down on pyramid' etc

I was thinking random foreign footballers as bands? I probably wouldn't bat an eyelid if I saw the band Norman Conquest was down as TBC

Edited by Couchy

The stones, going for the money? Who'd have thought it eh? :lol:

That gets to mean that Glasto's only chance is Mick really wanting to play the fest. If the money is the only thing which counts then Glasto has no chance.

It's dragging on too long as well. Will they really turn down an extra USA gig for $5 million, to play at Glastonbury for much less? I wonder what their advisors would say... :abe:

Any reason why the change?

it's not anything new. It's the same as I've thought for a while, and I've said so before.

It's just a general impression I'm getting from the weight of press now saying they're doing it - but of course that could all be working off presumption, lack of any other Glasto headliners to talk about, or a single source (such as iorr) who are (possibly) wrong themselves.

I don't think anyone *really* knows. I think it's all only best-guessing, but that they've (probably) guessed right.

I reckon that most of those who do know for sure aren't being believed - perhaps even mike99 :lol:. For instance, I got a mail this morning from a guy who's mate works in the music biz and who overheard someone at his work talking stones with someone from Glasto .... and it might even be true. Simple fact is I've got no way of knowing.