Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

I'm thinking this is to do with them doing their own shows, and the Stones wanting to sell them out before making any further plans. In reality I have no idea, though what I do know is there's only one man for the job if they drop out with six weeks left before the festival..............

Prince_PurpleRain_single.jpg

Gotta be this year hasn't it?

I'm thinking this is to do with them doing their own shows, and the Stones wanting to sell them out before making any further plans. In reality I have no idea, though what I do know is there's only one man for the job if they drop out with six weeks left before the festival..............

if so my sister would be a happy girl (big prince fan).

Wow. You think you know someone. I mean, I only know him from this forum but I didn't have him down as menopausal or a Grandmother

His Mum (bless her) is an original Cliff überfan. In fairness Devil Woman has a certain something to it. Think his Cliffness has said it's his bet tune. Looks like a bit of craic to sing it. Not unlike something like 'Mystify'. Absolute dogshit obviously, but still a bit of craic.

Not for a small festival like Glastonbury. Now if we were talking one of the big names like Hop Farm then sure...

View the Stones nonsense as a positive. G steps back from the "mines bigger than yours" routine of trying to out do the other festivals and books acts that might actually value playing there. We never used to bother with the biggest names on the bill back in the day after all.

Fri: Jack White

Sat: Nick Cave

Sun: Peter Gabriel

The way this forum has been going in recent days: Fri - One Direction Sat - Justin Timberlake Sun - Cliff "Reporting for duty." ]
Seems some on here would be happy OK if the next series of XFactor tried to revive its ratings by having Cowell, Walsh and co book the festival line up on the programme

View the Stones nonsense as a positive. G steps back from the "mines bigger than yours" routine of trying to out do the other festivals and books acts that might actually value playing there. We never used to bother with the biggest names on the bill back in the day after all.

They never used to bother with 200 quid tickets either!

I think neils story has abit of beef to it, I was speaking to someone who lives near worthy farm today they are the son of one of the neighbouring farmers, (I live in somerset) and I said...

"man you heard these rumours of the stones pulling out"

and he replied;

"Pulling out? what I heard was that they weren't even finalised"

I pressed him more but he didn't include any more details.

You can choose to believe me or not believe me but to be fair it's the same principal.

Edited by mattgimmeshelter