Lineup 2014

Hawky

Generous there Matt. The Courteeners were 3rd in NME last year so 4th is a pretty steep climb for a band on the down. Babyshambles too, barely anyone has noticed their album being released and 3rd is an improvement of their peak.

Also, Two Door won't be at next years.

Are they on the down though? Anna charted in the top 10, and they've moved up to arenas now (at least in Manchester) have they not? I think they'd fit 4th at Leeds, but not Reading...

Oh, and... The Lumineers.

Edited by MattDavies__

• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

They were but personally I don't believe PJ will be here.

To be fair, R+L miss out on top acts because of how poorly it's placed amongst other European festivals. The maximum exposure cycle is June to mid July which I assume they'd want to do a they could do that and do Download or more likely do a couple of stadiums or Hyde Park or something. But I guess we'll see.

Are they on the down though? Anna charted in the top 10, and they've moved up to arenas now (at least in Manchester) have they not? I think they'd fit 4th at Leeds, but not Reading...

Oh, and... The Lumineers.

They were doing arenas in Manchester before this album though. I wouldn't say they're on the way down but not really on the up either. They play better slots at V than R&L so I don't think it's just the North/South thing that means they play low down at R&L.

To be fair, R+L miss out on top acts because of how poorly it's placed amongst other European festivals. The maximum exposure cycle is June to mid July which I assume they'd want to do a they could do that and do Download or more likely do a couple of stadiums or Hyde Park or something. But I guess we'll see.

Good point, although the August festival cycle is still pretty big - R&L, RES, Pukkelpop, Sziget, etc. It definitely helps sometimes, for every Vampire Weekend or Yeah Yeah Yeahs the festival misses out on they get someone like NIN or Deftones who are only doing the late Summer cycle.

I think if it fits a band's schedule then they're happy enough to do the August festivals, unfortunately the likes of Glastonbury, Roskilde and Primavera being highly credidle and desirable and more specific hard rock/metal festivals around that time draws more to want to do the June/July festivals.

Maybe I was cocksure in saying The Courteeners were on the way down but I'd based it on how they've slipped down some festival bills, in the world outside of festivals though I think they've realised what they are and have given up all ambition and will just milk the Manchester fanbase now. Fair play to them for that but I don't see it stopping the rot when it comes to the rest of the UK and its festivals.

Edited by dentalplan

Arcade Fire

Jack White

Babyshambles

Gaslight Anthem

Pearl Jam

Slipknot

You Me At Six

Rise Against

Arctic Monkeys

QOTSA

Two Door Cinema Club

The Courteeners

would probably work, although I want QOTSA to headline so I hope it doesn't :P

The Courteeners are hard to place because they're adored up north, but down south nobody gives a shit

oh fuck off

Mumford were amazing at glasto, everyone in that field loved it... Just no one wants to admit it on the only place they are disliked "efest forums" ;)

NME top 3 of

Rise Against

Billy Talent

Skindred

Would be ace if the majority of the main stage is going to be less heavy....

Yeah I suppose they're all possible until ruled otherwise. I don't think Noel will be at R+L as he's had his year off V if he's still doing solo, and he apparently isn't anyway right? Skindred won't be back, took years to get them this year.

Also I think Paramore will sub Biffy at T and Mumfords at V...

I thought Noel was back with new material next year?

I dunno, I thin they might after they got a great reaction this year, if they enjoyed it, they might fancy a return.

That top two one day at T would be annoying top draw for me, and I need to wait until october to know if Glasto is on, if not I reckon I'll have to think about moving holiday lol

They said they preferred the Olympic Park crowd which they played to a couple of days later.

I think the justification was that was a bunch of their own fans, rather than a field full of festival punters...

EDIT: No, it was the drug thing http://www.nme.com/news/mumford-and-sons/71287 Why the fuck did they end with a cover?

Edited by MattDavies__

They said they preferred the Olympic Park crowd which they played to a couple of days later.

I think the justification was that was a bunch of their own fans, rather than a field full of festival punters...

EDIT: No, it was the drug thing http://www.nme.com/news/mumford-and-sons/71287 Why the fuck did they end with a cover?

Maybe all the drug fumes they inhaled at Glasto impaired their judgment?

The engine shed is a 2300 capacity venue though, hardly tiny. this tour is a tour that includes the very few places they havent played in recent times. The problem with courteeners is that they tour alot, and if it isnt courteeners its liam fray touring acoustically. i would say they can play 3rd, If Kasiers can then courteeners can (i know you had the leeds factor there though) and courteeners in 12 3rd down on the NME was rammed, along with a top 10 album, a near enough sold out tour with that album, and 2 sold out outdoor shows in manc this year, i dont see how they are a band on the down personally.

Being well known and being a big tix seller are two different things.

surely a fest wants to sell tickets though? i just think courteeners and kasiers are similar bands with similar profiles currently and personally i think if Kaisers can play 3rd then surely courteeners could do as i disagree that they're in decline. all opinions though

Generous there Matt. The Courteeners were 3rd in NME last year so 4th is a pretty steep climb for a band on the down. Babyshambles too, barely anyone has noticed their album being released and 3rd is an improvement of their peak.

Also, Two Door won't be at next years.

although I agree on that they're placed way too high, I think their album is brilliant and their best one yet, and have no idea why it's not being more widely noticed :(

He hasn't confirmed he's releasing any, he's just said that he has enough material left over for another album, but then he also said that he doesn't want to go back on the road.

ah did he, fair enough. He's always kinda said too that he's loving the idea of being a solo man and playing not as the top act is different but fun, never drifted too far from saying though that being in a band is much better