• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

Rise Against could actually get the demand to headline NME, but if its anything like this year then they'll be part of a heavier main.

I'm not sure there are enough heavier/rock type potential headliners about that seem realistic at present.

QOTSA, the prodigy, Pearl Jam, dare I say Paramore even though it would be a vast disappointment.

Then the less likely Metallica, Rage against the machine, slipknot who like system may not be a headliner

Then probably the non contenders ac/dc, iron Maiden, black Sabbath, blink 182, mcr.

Copmare that to the likely other headliners Mudford & sons, Arctic monkeys, Kings of Leon, The Killers, Arcade Fire.

Then the potential step ups of Florence and the machine, the black Keys, Elbow.

All of the above waffle leads me to believe that the main stage will be less rock orientated.

Why've we all stopped talking Arcade Fire? ):

Still on my AF/AM/QOTSA bet. I want paramore to headline though, so what do I know

I don't want to go to leeds next year but if those three are headliners I would have to go. However, it's far too good to be true. Probably end up with only QOTSA with v snapping arctics up and AF either doing glasto or nothing

Arcade Fire

Jack White

Babyshambles

Gaslight Anthem

Pearl Jam

Slipknot

You Me At Six

Rise Against

Arctic Monkeys

QOTSA

Two Door Cinema Club

The Courteeners

would probably work, although I want QOTSA to headline so I hope it doesn't :P

The Courteeners are hard to place because they're adored up north, but down south nobody gives a shit

Arcade Fire

Jack White

Babyshambles

Gaslight Anthem

Pearl Jam

Slipknot

You Me At Six

Rise Against

Arctic Monkeys

QOTSA

Two Door Cinema Club

The Courteeners

The Courteeners are hard to place because they're adored up north, but down south nobody gives a shit

Generous there Matt. The Courteeners were 3rd in NME last year so 4th is a pretty steep climb for a band on the down. Babyshambles too, barely anyone has noticed their album being released and 3rd is an improvement of their peak.

Also, Two Door won't be at next years.

Arcade Fire

Jack White

Babyshambles

Gaslight Anthem

Pearl Jam

Slipknot

You Me At Six

Rise Against

Arctic Monkeys

QOTSA

Two Door Cinema Club

The Courteeners

They played third in the tent last year when the situation was the same so fourth on main is probably a bit much.