Lineup 2014

Hawky

I think Rudimental will easily be that size, and would get a huge crowd. They're bigger than Skrillex.

Saying that is like saying the moon is bigger than the sun. Skrillex is huge and even if you don't like him there is no denying it. Rudimental are no where near his size so they couldn't never headline NME (not next year at least) Dance maybe at a push as Knife Party and Sub Focus are bigger than them. Don't think Magnetic Man is though as I never really heard of him. At least Rudimental sounded familiar to me.

• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

Totally unrelated, but does this look about right at the moment? I might stick this in a thread like last year's if so

Looks Likely

QOTSA - If not headlining, they'll surely be subbing

Arctic Monkeys - No rival festivals stand in the way

Could Well Happen

Pearl Jam - New album, will probably do R&L or Download

Paramore - Benn said he sees them headlining next time they're here

Mumford and Sons - They'll probably be booked for one major UK fest next summer

The Killers - 10th annversary of Hot Fuss, haven't played since 2008

Kings of Leon - Seems unlikely if AM are booked, but new album and a 5 year gap makes it a possibility

Blur - Have we just forgotten these? Rumoured for Isle Of Wight festival, and would make a great booking for R&L if they pull it off, but will they still be touring?

Unlikely, but they could get booked

RATM - They're doing LA rising next year, so a couple of UK tour dates seems possible, but they'd probably need some new material

Stone Roses - Still in demand and they sort of owe Reading fest for their famously awful 1996 performance. Will they be at Glasto instead though?

Depeche Mode - Look likely for Glasto, and they don't seem to fit R&L's demographic, but then again, did The Cure?

Arcade Fire - I can only see them doing Glastonbury next year. If not though, R&L really do need to get them booked. It would only be a 4 year gap though

Kanye West

Extremely Unlikely

AC/DC - New album supposedly coming out. Their demands at Download 2009 may be too much for Melv though

Black Sabbath - Apparently, they stop touring after this year

Oasis - Even if they do reform, they will most likely do V or Glasto instead, but who knows?

Daft Punk - But come on, how awesome would it be?

Totally unrelated, but does this look about right at the moment? I might stick this in a thread like last year's if so

Looks Likely

Could Well Happen

Kings of Leon - Seems unlikely if AM are booked, but new album and a 5 year gap makes it a possibility

Blur - Have we just forgotten these? Rumoured for Isle Of Wight festival, and would make a great booking for R&L if they pull it off, but will they still be touring?

RATM - They're doing LA rising next year, so a couple of UK tour dates seems possible, but they'd probably need some new material

Stone Roses - Still in demand and they sort of owe Reading fest for their famously awful 1996 performance. Will they be at Glasto instead though?

Depeche Mode - Look likely for Glasto, and they don't seem to fit R&L's demographic, but then again, did The Cure?

Arcade Fire - I can only see them doing Glastonbury next year. If not though, R&L really do need to get them booked. It would only be a 4 year gap though

Kanye West

Extremely Unlikely

AC/DC - New album supposedly coming out. Their demands at Download 2009 may be too much for Melv though

Oasis - Even if they do reform, they will most likely do V or Glasto instead, but who knows?

Looking at the T forums, a couple of people think Arctics are nailed on to play there

Looks Likely

Could Well Happen

Kanye West

Extremely Unlikely

I'd relegate The Killers, Blur, Depeche Mode and RATM down one.

• The Killers have done something like four years on the trot at UK festivals, with additional arena tours and stadium shows. Next year would be overkill, anniversary crap or not.
  • Blur would be surprising as they were placed perfectly to do this year and FR even booked them for another festival.
  • Depeche Mode are even less fitting to the demo than The Cure were. Also Neil has info saying they will already be finished touring by June which may already put them out of the running for Glasto and IOW - two much more suitable festivals.
  • RATM's LA Rising pretty much puts them out of the running as it'll be one of the weekends in August, one that isn't Lollapalooza which you'd imagine will bundle them in too. Plus it's speculated that they'll be in Europe early on in summer so they'll be done and back Stateside doing festivals and shows in late summer.

N.B. I am a pessimist.

Edited by dentalplan

Saying that is like saying the moon is bigger than the sun. Skrillex is huge and even if you don't like him there is no denying it. Rudimental are no where near his size so they couldn't never headline NME (not next year at least) Dance maybe at a push as Knife Party and Sub Focus are bigger than them. Don't think Magnetic Man is though as I never really heard of him. At least Rudimental sounded familiar to me.

Magnetic Man are a group, they're probably the same size if not bigger than KP and SF mainly due to the fact that the members of Magnetic Man are Skream, Benga and Artwork who are all pretty big names in dubstep. They release an album like 3 years ago and haven't done anything since

Skrillex is a lot bigger than Rudimental however Rudimental are bigger than Knife Party and Sub Focus

READING FRIDAY/LEEDS SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE

Jay-Z

The Prodigy

Enter Shikari

All Time Low

A Day To Remember

Deaf Havana

Tribes

Rival Sons

Job For A Cowboy

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Two Door Cinema Club

Friendly Fires

Savages

Warpaint

Pure Love

READING SATURDAY/LEEDS SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE

The Black Keys

Queens Of The Stone Age

Vampire Weekend

Manic Street Preachers

Miles Kane

The Joy Formidable

Palma Violets

The Naked And Famous

Iceage

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Crystal Castles

The Strypes

The 1975

Lucy Rose

Howler

READING SUNDAY/LEEDS FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE

The Stone Roses

Beady Eye

Babyshambles

The Gaslight Anthem

Rise Against

Billy Talent

The Hives

Asking Alexandria

The Skints

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

You Me At Six

Don Broco

Ghostpoet

The Drums

Temples

READING FRIDAY/LEEDS SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE

Jay-Z

The Prodigy

Enter Shikari

All Time Low

A Day To Remember

Deaf Havana

Tribes

Rival Sons

Job For A Cowboy

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Two Door Cinema Club

Friendly Fires

Savages

Warpaint

Pure Love

READING SATURDAY/LEEDS SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE

The Black Keys

Queens Of The Stone Age

Vampire Weekend

Manic Street Preachers

Miles Kane

The Joy Formidable

Palma Violets

The Naked And Famous

Iceage

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

Crystal Castles

The Strypes

The 1975

Lucy Rose

Howler

READING SUNDAY/LEEDS FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE

The Stone Roses

Beady Eye

Babyshambles

The Gaslight Anthem

Rise Against

Billy Talent

The Hives

Asking Alexandria

The Skints

NME/RADIO 1 STAGE

You Me At Six

Don Broco

Ghostpoet

The Drums

Temples

would be tempted to go back but in all honesty friday and Sunday really do suck for me :lol:

Beady Eye Subbing? Are you serious?!

If The Naked and Famous played I'd prefer them mid-NME/ high FR tent

They'd suit subbing Roses though, with that whole "propoh Manchestoh" band thing. Plus they could get away with it given Liam's status.

Their latest album also reached number 2 in the charts.

They'd suit subbing Roses though, with that whole "propoh Manchestoh" band thing. Plus they could get away with it given Liam's status.

Their latest album also reached number 2 in the charts.

Noel Gallagher subbing - Yes

Beady Eye - No.

Beady Eye aren't half as liked as Noel, Noel's album (might I repeat ALBUM, singular) was much bigger than Beady Eye's both efforts. Noel is the one brother benefitting from the Oasis split, I feel Liam is soon gonna be begging Noel to reform because beady eye is not working.