Lineup 2014

Hawky

On the YM@6 topic, no way will they sub next year. They will be 3rd down which is a very strong position for them. maybe a couple of years down the line they could go higher but defo not next year. Also, would be very surprised if they headlined ever.

• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

On the YM@6 topic, no way will they sub next year. They will be 3rd down which is a very strong position for them. maybe a couple of years down the line they could go higher but defo not next year. Also, would be very surprised if they headlined ever.

Yeah they won't be subbing. They are 30 STM support aren't they on their arena tour and that didn't fly out. Also 30 STM are still only subs so.

I think they'll play 3rd but not below Paramore should they play, it's too 2012.

The more I think about it I do think FOB may make it as sub next year, always one you don't wanna make it but seem popular. Either way I think they'll do it again. Why wouldn't they really after that big crowd and the festival seen there is still a want for it and I think it's a perfect booking on a Paramore potential heading day.

I think a few people were disappointed with FOB actually, my friend absolutely loves them, was very close to the front and she said they were a bit lacking in interaction with the crowd.

I really don't see them being booked to sub next year. They played third on the back of the end of their hiatus and a new album. Nothing is going to propel them to subbing between now and next year?

I don't know, I think they might be bigger to be honest, Alt-J weren't really noticed until a few of months after their album was released when the mercury prize came around, and the hype died relatively quickly and Breezeblocks was the only massive hit. The 1975 have had the hype leading up to the album, and it hasn't disappointed either, so I think it'll continue, and all their singles have been a huge success, and I think Girls will be too cause it's one of their best imo.

Yeah I have to agree, I can see the 1975 getting a major bump up at all the fests next year. they get alot of radio play, much more than alt j ever did or do, and like you say all their material released prior to their album was very popular. I really enjoyed their album, and when you think of all their material from their eps, ie 'you' 'antichrist' 'woman' 'falling for you' etc along with their album, they could have a very popular setlist.

Looking forward to seeing them in hull on Saturday, cracking little line up at freedom fest btw this year

I think a few people were disappointed with FOB actually, my friend absolutely loves them, was very close to the front and she said they were a bit lacking in interaction with the crowd.

I really don't see them being booked to sub next year. They played third on the back of the end of their hiatus and a new album. Nothing is going to propel them to subbing between now and next year?

It's quite possible but from what I hear the performance was good. It won't be the only time a band has got the jump or re-booked again like that though. I'll admit without a new album 3rd is more likely I guess. They booked Paramore on an exclusive again for nothing to be fair.

I don't know, I think they might be bigger to be honest, Alt-J weren't really noticed until a few of months after their album was released when the mercury prize came around, and the hype died relatively quickly and Breezeblocks was the only massive hit. The 1975 have had the hype leading up to the album, and it hasn't disappointed either, so I think it'll continue, and all their singles have been a huge success, and I think Girls will be too cause it's one of their best imo.

I need to give that album a listen. Their tunes sounded good at Glasto, is it really good then?

I need to give that album a listen. Their tunes sounded good at Glasto, is it really good then?

It's not for everyone, if you didn't like them beforehand you probably won't like it, but yeah I think it's really really good, especially for a debut which had a lot of hype to live up to, it's one of my favourites this year. Probably rank it third behind Opposites and Like Clockwork

It's not for everyone, if you didn't like them beforehand you probably won't like it, but yeah I think it's really really good, especially for a debut which had a lot of hype to live up to, it's one of my favourites this year. Probably rank it third behind Opposites and Like Clockwork

5 tracks in, and before Chocolate and Sex kicked in, I started to get a little bored. I've heard these two before, and they're great tracks

5 tracks in, and before Chocolate and Sex kicked in, I started to get a little bored. I've heard these two before, and they're great tracks

Sex, Heart Out, Settle Down, Girls, Menswear, and Is There Somebody Who Can Watch You are my favourite at the moment. I think it's all great though. Heart Out has got a proper 80s synthpop sound to it

I prefer Alt-J however that being said I haven't listen to it and I did bash Alt-J even more than The 1975 when I first heard them so things could change

Sex, Heart Out, Settle Down, Girls, Menswear, and Is There Somebody Who Can Watch You are my favourite at the moment. I think it's all great though. Heart Out has got a proper 80s synthpop sound to it

The album has definitely picked up since. The start was a bit crap, but the last few songs have been ace. On Robbers now