• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

Kaiser Chiefs got kicked off being the opening gig at Leeds Arena by Elton John, which is tonight, and I'll be there. :P Then they got pissed off. Then Bruce got added as well before them. Quite funny, really.

I think it's a bit shit tbh, KC were said to be the first band to play the arena which I think was nice - have a successful Leeds band come home, play a massive show (for them) and be the first act in a whole new arena for their town. I just thought this was a nice event but I guess it doesn't matter now

Maybe it could then but they might want to play new material or something like that but the sub headliner seems a bit more plausible now.

What I mean is that they are taking the same spot for next year as they were offered this year...

Even if their new album sucks/bombs surely bands offered spots (potentially) that high up the bill have their position set in stone in the contract?

I'm sure there's been a few bands play high up at R&L that have then poked out a duff album.

I think the glasto headliners will be depeche mode, Fleetwood Mac and foo fighters.

For r+l arctics, the killers and pearl jam.

I'm afraid Foo's played Glasto in 1998 and as you will probably know, all three headliners have supposedly never played on the farm before. I reckon there's a thin chance Daft Punk may play. Nile has recently said that there has been talk of doing a live show sometime in the not so distant future, so who knows? Apparently DP have played before, in 96' but it was merely a DJ set and they didn't have the robot personas then but at the same time, there's only a very slim chance.

I would only like The Killers if they promised to play older stuff, perhaps Hot Fuss in full. They apparently don't even play Bones anymore. If I went to a show and didn't hear bones, I'd be upset. :P